LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Appearance & Detailing (https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing-18/)
-   -   Eagle One 20/20 ate through my clear!!!!!!!! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/376454-eagle-one-20-20-ate-through-my-clear.html)

Stangkilr 09-06-2005 06:25 PM

Eagle One 20/20 ate through my clear!!!!!!!!

I sprayed some eagle 20.20 glass cleaner on my hood to clean some bug juice off. Well someone stopped by and I went to talk to them and left the glass cleaner on my hood not thinking anything of it and the car was in my garage. I went back and the fucking spots were in my clearcoat!!!! Its like I have clearcoat blotches on my paint and they will not come off! It doesnt say anything on the bottle about it being bad for paint. These spots are on top of my clearcoat but will not come off. Anyone have this problem. Dont buy Eagle glass cleaner! :judge:

jammon46 09-06-2005 06:55 PM

Try the clay bar. You got a sweet looking TA by the way. Love your W/T package

jammon46 09-06-2005 06:56 PM

Try the clay bar. You got a sweet looking TA by the way. Love your W/T package

ZaneO 09-06-2005 07:12 PM

There's nothing that I am aware of in glass cleaner that will damage paint like that. Glass cleaner is mainly distilled water, detergent, and surfacant.

Have you tried washing, QD, or anything else?

Reject 09-06-2005 07:15 PM

its in an aresol can, love that stuff, cleans the windows great! insead of spaying on the window i spary on the cloth and wipe that on and off on the windows.

Stangkilr 09-06-2005 11:29 PM

Clay bar, ha ive tried that and my high power buffer with some compound and they are still their. It says the stuff is safe for tinted windows so im sure its safe for paint. Its the 20/20 thats in the normal spay bottle not can.

Stangkilr 09-06-2005 11:31 PM

Will Eagle One do anything about this? Like if it really did mess up my paint? I sprayed a little spot on my car just to make sure it was the glass cleaner and sure enough I go to wipe it off and it wouldnt move. Its like super glue or some shit.

'Trust' 09-07-2005 01:13 AM

Eagle One probably won't do anything, all they have is your claim, and it was used for something outside its design, i think its bulcrap, but from a business point of view a doubt they'll do much, maybe they'll sell ya a product to get it off?

Reject 09-07-2005 07:52 AM

lol didnt know the spray bottle one would do tha tdamage! was sure that it was the areisol can type, that things foams up fast!

BrianB 09-07-2005 10:02 AM

:confused: Why are you using glass cleaner to clean your paint in the first place?

y2k_ta 09-07-2005 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by BrianB
:confused: Why are you using glass cleaner to clean your paint in the first place?

I kind of wondered that too.

If you like the Eagle One products like I do, try using their Wet Wipe 'N Shine on the paint.

01 Red WS6 09-07-2005 11:26 AM

you might just have to wet sand it. I wet sanded a scuff on my hood and it took it out. If that can come out then I bet yours can be taken out too. Maybe run by a paint shop to see what they say :confused:

Stangkilr 09-07-2005 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
I kind of wondered that too.

If you like the Eagle One products like I do, try using their Wet Wipe 'N Shine on the paint.

Just trying to get some bug juice off, glass cleaner is badass at it. Ive done this for years and vere had any problems.

Stangkilr 09-07-2005 05:07 PM

I wet sanded my hood today, it took the spots off and my paint looks awesome!

Brandon Boomhauer 09-07-2005 05:10 PM

good to see you resolved it
what compounds did you use?

01 Red WS6 09-07-2005 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
I wet sanded my hood today, it took the spots off and my paint looks awesome!

Cool glad it worked out for you. Car looks great with those new wheels on it

cgworth 09-07-2005 08:06 PM

Will Eagle One do anything about this? Like if it really did mess up my paint? I sprayed a little spot on my car just to make sure it was the glass cleaner and sure enough I go to wipe it off and it wouldnt move. Its like super glue or some shit.

are you kidding? your getting mad at a company for you misusing their product? hmmm glass cleaner is for glass. while your at it pour some in your engine and sue them for slinging a rod. :twak:

Stangkilr 09-07-2005 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Brandon
good to see you resolved it
what compounds did you use?

Just used some 3m finish restorer and some meguires fine cut.

Stangkilr 09-07-2005 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by cgworth
are you kidding? your getting mad at a company for you misusing their product? hmmm glass cleaner is for glass. while your at it pour some in your engine and sue them for slinging a rod. :twak:

Im getting mad at a company for their glass cleaner fucking up my paint YES! It doesnt say anything about it not being safe for paint. People use window cleaner to clean their wheels, is that glass? No. Lets see here if it eats my clearcoat like it did I wonder what it would do to tinted windows....hmmmm. Oh well maybe Eagle One just thought it would be okay to put "safe for tinted windows" on the front of the bottle.

cgworth 09-08-2005 01:02 PM

Im getting mad at a company for their glass cleaner fucking up my paint YES! It doesnt say anything about it not being safe for paint. People use window cleaner to clean their wheels, is that glass? No. Lets see here if it eats my clearcoat like it did I wonder what it would do to tinted windows....hmmmm. Oh well maybe Eagle One just thought it would be okay to put "safe for tinted windows" on the front of the bottle.

either way heres your sign