Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Fraudulent Sales on Ebay: Fuel Rail Covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 02:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fraudulent Sales on Ebay: Fuel Rail Covers

Thanks to a fellow member, I have been informed a seller on Ebay going by the name:

angelsmommy2002

is using my photos of my fuel rail covers as their own. Not only are the photos being used, but obviously they are being used to represent his own work. I know they are mine because they were taken on my basement carpet
and the style of cuts, etc. has my signature all over it. This is also of concern because some of these photos have been authorized for use by one of our sponsors, so it is directly affecting them too.

I would like to urge everyone to stay away from this person and if possible contact them through Ebay Contact form and let them know you are aware of this and to cease immediately.

Thanks ,

Bryan Fletcher
parbreak
Old 09-09-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are the pics hotlinked off of your website? If so, go change the pic and make his auction look a bit more interesting.

Sorry to hear this btw, this happened to Brent Frankner a while back as well. People are asses.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

No, after checking the "properties" of the picture, it appears he has saved them on his hard drive and uploaded them to EBay.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 09-09-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

I saw those a few days ago but didn't realize they were yours. I had considered buying some from them until I got a load of the feedback.. heh, no.

If you have those particular pics on your website or somewhere you can show eBay, let them know and they'll pull the listing. Just keep doing it and the account will get suspended the second or 3rd time. They'd be okay except it definately looks like they're selling them as their own work.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Launching!

I saw these on ebay a while ago and decided to stay "safe" with buying some frc's and a matching lid from parbreak (aka Bryan). I got mine from bryan and glad I did. I thought they were the same pics though. Anyway, thanks again and I've advertised your website locally over and over. Hopefully you'll draw some extra business from it.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:27 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

This kind of stuff makes me furious.....

I've had a similar situation happen with some of my illustrations. A guy was claiming them as his own. He doctored them a little, but not enough that I couldn't tell they were mine. My work is copyrighted, so I threatened to get a lawyer if my work wasn't removed from his site. It was gone from his site by the end of that particular day.

Here's a link to the site: http://www.waremotorsports-graphics..../about_us.html

I like how obvious it is that the artwork is from more than one artist. The styles vary greatly, and they're poorly botched to halfway disguise them. Some of the other artists shown such as Greg Ozubko know of this guy, but apparently they haven't asked for their works to be removed.

This page on their website was copied almost word for word from an old FAQ page that I had on my website: http://waremotorsports-graphics.8m.com/FAQs.html

It's too bad I don't have that page on my site anymore, or I'd have them remove it too.

As far as the guy who is claiming your FRC pics as his own, I'd roast him! Make ebay aware of it and strongly suggest that they pull the auction! Your talent shouldn't be ripped off by someone else. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but not when it's your hard work!
Old 09-10-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Regular

That sucks...I've heard that user name before. I wanna say it was involved in some other sort of rip off bullshit.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Addict

This guys name is Austin Meyer and here's a reply he sent to me this evening:

"I dont understand this e-mail. I did use photos that I found on the internet, I recieved an e-mail about it, and I closed the auction. I will only use my photos of the ones ive made ONLY. I just haven't made made one in every color yet and see these on the internet and knew I could make them. So please except my appoligies and understand I will not use your pictures anymore. Thanks"

That has got to be the lamest BS I"ve ever heard. I will be staying on this ***** like flies on **** if for no other reason than he is stupid.

Thank you guys for all your help. I know I can always count on friends I've made on LS1Tech.

Bryan Fletcher
parbreak
Old 09-10-2005, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

That guy has bought some decals from me. I think he had a run in with a few around here as well.

I've had people steal my pics as well, sucks when it happends.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

this can be reported to ebay but u need to be a registered member and then u can say he is stealing description info any other such items belonging to you, and it is usually dealth with when proven
Old 09-10-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 00firebird
this can be reported to ebay but u need to be a registered member and then u can say he is stealing description info any other such items belonging to you, and it is usually dealth with when proven
It's been done already, ..., It was reported right away as they were using one of my photos also.

After reporting it, & messaging the seller, the auction was cancelled immediately. It wouldn't have been a problem had the seller shown their own product photos, & not some photos belonging to others.

Simply mis-representation. Mis-guided potential bidders/buyers were seeing product not actually made by the seller.

Gotta keep an eye on that seller to see that it doesn't happen again, ... Guess I'll have to watermark or trademark on my photos from now on also!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:48 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
This kind of stuff makes me furious.....

I've had a similar situation happen with some of my illustrations. A guy was claiming them as his own. He doctored them a little, but not enough that I couldn't tell they were mine. My work is copyrighted, so I threatened to get a lawyer if my work wasn't removed from his site. It was gone from his site by the end of that particular day.

Here's a link to the site: http://www.waremotorsports-graphics..../about_us.html

I like how obvious it is that the artwork is from more than one artist. The styles vary greatly, and they're poorly botched to halfway disguise them. Some of the other artists shown such as Greg Ozubko know of this guy, but apparently they haven't asked for their works to be removed.

This page on their website was copied almost word for word from an old FAQ page that I had on my website: http://waremotorsports-graphics.8m.com/FAQs.html

It's too bad I don't have that page on my site anymore, or I'd have them remove it too.

As far as the guy who is claiming your FRC pics as his own, I'd roast him! Make ebay aware of it and strongly suggest that they pull the auction! Your talent shouldn't be ripped off by someone else. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but not when it's your hard work!
I posted this on Friday, and ironically three days later none of the links work. Isn't that a shame

Quick Reply: Fraudulent Sales on Ebay: Fuel Rail Covers