Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Trans Am seat help

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans Am seat help

I have a set of 2000 Trans Am seats I'm putting in the Z, and need some help.

The driver's side seat frame is bent, so I'm trying to take everything apart and switch it onto a new frame. Problem is, it has lumbar, so it has the hard plastic backing on it with the map pockets. How do you get this plastic part off?? I have taken out the 2 little screws on top, 2 of the same on the bottom, and unclipped the entire bottom from the seat frame. But right at the top of the 'wavy lives thing' on the side, it seems held in place by something. I'm reusing them, so I don't want to break it. Please help!!

Also, to replace just the backrest part of the frame, I can see one allen wrench bolt on the pass side of the driver's seat to dismantle it from the lower seat, what about on the other side of the seat? There is a spring mechanism and a rivet. Nothing obvious to dettach the seat part of the seat from the back part of the seat.

TIA

Jeremy
Old 10-04-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are two screws about the wavey lines. There are caps covering them so they look like a button. Just pop off the cap and the screw is right there.