Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

water spots

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

definatly gonna try the clay bar when I go back home for thanksgiving break

I gave it a GOOD washing yesterday which removed almost all the water spots except a few on the top of my hood scoop which are barely noticable under direct light. The clay bar will hopefully take those right off and get some of the ground in dirt off my bumper. Cant wait to try one out.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lithium
****** Calcium...lol.
i totally agree
Old 11-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found that using the "Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash" thing really helps with keeping the water spots away. It filters the water and does a pretty good job at making the car clean. Just remember to change the filter cartridge every 10 uses. Search the Internet for opinions and reviews of the "Mr. Clean AutoDry Carwash" thing...

Using good wax and/or polish also helps, as well as parking away from sprinkers and such.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got hit twice in one day from sprinklers in the summer sun, gave me beautiful white water spots burned in. Thankfully, some elbow grease and good polish got rid of it for me. Never parked in that area again. Now whenever I park somewhere, I do my best to be in the center of the parking lot, not on the edges where there's grass and the chances of a sprinkler coming on. If you can't get away from the waterspots no matter what (such as a small parking lot for an apartment complex or something) I'd probably recommend investing in a quality car cover. I've even heard a few people that use a quality car cover and then tarp over that to protect from moisture. Might be something to look into if you really can't get away from the sprinklers.

Quick Reply: water spots