Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

A few questions for those with the SLP H.O. hood.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions for those with the SLP H.O. hood.

So, for those of you who have the SLP H.O. hood on your cars, did you have any problems with the hood fitting on your car? Did you have to do any work to the hood to make it fit right? I just bought one and went to get it fitted and it fit great along the side seams but the nose was completely wrong and there was no way to make it fit at all. Would you guys please share what you went through before you got the hood painted and put on your car? Thanks.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

ya i am curious too i am in the process of buying one soon hopefully.....hey vixen how much did you pay and how long did it take to get shipped......
Old 11-09-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

The body shop that installed mine said that it fit very well and they were impressed that an aftermarket fiberglass hood fit as well as it did.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

I got the ultra z hood fro my z28. It wasn't perfect I'll tell ya and the corners were busted of a little during shipping. Other then that the fit wasn't too bad. Lot of sanding.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

i just think that every molding is gonna be diff thats all it is
Old 11-09-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

when they put mine on the front bumper had to be shimmed out. there are 4 bolts that you can do it do and should fix the problem i had to call about it while at the shop and slp told me to do this i thaught it would be simpler if they just made the hood the right size
Old 11-09-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

how long did it take to ship....and did you buy it from slp or did you go through another company becaue other online sites sell it cheaper
Old 11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The front clips and fenders have ALOT of slop in them. So depending upon how your car actually is, the hood could fit perfectly or you could have half inch gaps. A shop with a good f-body guy should be able to make an SLP hood line up with a little work.

Might be pretty hard if your car has been in a wreck and knock-off panels were used. The cheap replacement plastics can look pretty good but be pretty far off, dimensionally.

It's not really the fault of SLP. That is why they clearly recommend bolting the hood up for trials before test fit.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Regular

When I got my hood, they had to cut it to make it fit, it was too long, wouldn't line up right, ended up being $200 in modifications to the hood in order to make it look right. Here's the final results.

Old 11-11-2005, 04:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The whole front needs to be tuned in by a good body guy. My H.O. hood fit pretty good but adjustments had to be made. If your body shop even made an issue of this then they want to be paid to set the front end up right. Its not hard to do with a little patience allot of us have had the front bumper cover off many times. Headlights are also almost infinately adjustable as well as the fenders and doors. No BS though it can take a little time and allot of little adjustments.

Quick Reply: A few questions for those with the SLP H.O. hood.