Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing factory ground effects

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing factory ground effects

How much would this cost? What kind of work would I be looking at if I did it alone, and how will the car look afterward?

On a somewhat unrelated subject- how much would it cost to paint the entire car over a different color and get a decent paintjob that will not reveal the under-color for at least 5 years?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok..you can remove your ground effects yourself.....they will either be rivited in the fender well and under the car..or they will have plastic screws all down the side inside of the ground effects...most likely there will be doublesided tape down the side skirts...u can do it by urself with no problems just go slow and dont break them...it will look just like all the other stock fodies w/out ground effects...do a search on cars or go to cardomain...u might have a discoloration in the paint after u take them off...why do you want to remove them? are the the stock rs kit?

as for your paint question i honeslty dont know what the cost would be...i would say around 3-5grand...just comming from insurance quotes i have heard about...