Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

T/A Hawk HIDs - PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 02:24 PM
Lame Excuse for a Photog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Infinite i think your kit is also very nice and is a good option for people looking to convert to HID

Also thanks for the Bulb sizes
Old 12-28-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What brand is your digital camera? The pics look great!!
Old 12-28-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

No sweat on the bulb sizes, glad to help out!

Thanks! Digi camera is a cheap Pentax, small screen and only 128meg SD card. Had it on a tripod, makes all the difference taking night pics!
Old 12-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Lame Excuse for a Photog

Just wanted to make sure people understood that if you go with the Kaixen kit and are unable to use H4 bulbs they do not have a built in cut off. That is only a feature the H4 lights have

Rob
Old 12-28-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome, so no plans for the High Beams? I am lookin at the Breathless Performance since my car was a 93-97 TA, would this same kit work with the breathless you think?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

What options do I have if I want a low beam and high beam in their respective housings?

I don't want an HID in just the low beams and a stock yellow POS in the highbeam slot. Plus I can use all the extra light I can get. I have the tendency to outrun my lights terribly at night.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
No sweat on the bulb sizes, glad to help out!

Thanks! Digi camera is a cheap Pentax, small screen and only 128meg SD card. Had it on a tripod, makes all the difference taking night pics!
Hate to bug ya, what housing kit did you buy at eurolamps.com?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

4703 for low beams and 4701 for the high beams.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by snake charmer
4703 for low beams and 4701 for the high beams.
Those aren't the HID lights...those are the standard sealed beam replacements that you'd get at autozone or advance auto parts. Same part numbers as the one's I just picked up a few weeks ago. And hardly anyone stocks the 4701's I might add....

I need to find a High and Low beam version of the HID's...either that or I'll need to get two of the same kit to fill each light hole and just have the same intensity (but just more of the same) come on when I click the high beams on. And then a set of silvania superwhite fogs to try to match the 6000k HID's.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:20 AM
12 Second Club

You've got to contact Eurolamps and tell them the application for their product. And they basically give you a replica housing but their version allows for different bulbs and such.

But I'm assuming that if you go projectors, then the eurolite headlamp is pointless?

So what projectors and how to install them is the remaining unanswered question.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Coincidently, I just happen to come across this yesterday by accident seeing if anyother major brands made aftermarket housings.
http://eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm

I have no need for high beams with the HIDs. I can actually turn on my high beams while driving and can tell ZERO difference in light! I can't even tell they're on! But if you're outrunning your light at night, yeah you definitely need to do the high beams!

I wouldn't even try to match the fogs with the HIDs. As you can see in the pics, silverstars are VERY yellow in comparision. I know with the 6000K, they'll be more white but I don't really think it's possible to match them. The only thing that comes to mind that would be a possiblity of matching a 6000K kit is using LEDs and even at that the fogs would be purely appearance. As much as I like my fogs, I like HIDs even more. I'm still thinking of a way to match the lighting on mine cause without my fogs on my illuminated front plate doesn't light. As of now, I'm considering HIDs for my fogs.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

man i would get HIDs in a second if i knew i had a cutoff and distributed light ahead and on the side of the road,

I do a lot of night driving and my vision sucks! even with glasses, especially when i drive through the mountains of NY, its nuts.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Lame Excuse for a Photog

ok for the guys that want hi/low the most cost effective option would be

If you want to go with Kaixen

(93-97) - simply buy the HI/LOW HID kit from Kaixen, your headlights alrighty accept H4 size bulbs

(98+) Buy the eurolamps housings that accept H4 bulbs, buy the HI/LOW bulb, rewire your headlights (should be relatively simple) and hook up your current hi beams to your new HID kit. All your lighting (both hi and low) will come out of your new eurolamps housing that you used to replace your stock low beam housing. It will make the stock housing high beam light/housing redundant and functionless.

With other kits just try to find a kit that will fit your stock light housing. That or try to find an H4 kit from Philips (they are pretty much the best out there and that is the only size they make from the factory, many sellers rebase the philips kits to fit other application sizes but this voids most philips warranties)

Hope this helps a little

Rob
Old 12-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Bought a 8000K HID kit for my car from a non-sponsored business. Paid $234 shipped for them. I already had the EuroLamps.com housings so I just swapped the H7 bulbs for some H7 HID capsules, mounted the ballast with double sided tape out of the way and the rest was just plug & play. I already had my wiring upgraded for the 70w Eurolamps bulbs. The difference with having HIDs is HUGE! I don't think I'll ever own a car without HIDs again. In attempt to describe it, it's like blacklight on the color of white. Everything just stands out way more and it's way easier on your eyes.

Here's a video I made and plenty of pics below that.

Click here to see Video

[
[
lol your going to have alot of people seeing alot better at night lol when you drive down the street and see another f-body with HID it could be because of you lol
Old 12-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Lame Excuse for a Photog

I wouldn't even try to match the fogs with the HIDs. As you can see in the pics, silverstars are VERY yellow in comparision. I know with the 6000K, they'll be more white but I don't really think it's possible to match them. The only thing that comes to mind that would be a possiblity of matching a 6000K kit is using LEDs and even at that the fogs would be purely appearance. As much as I like my fogs, I like HIDs even more. I'm still thinking of a way to match the lighting on mine cause without my fogs on my illuminated front plate doesn't light. As of now, I'm considering HIDs for my fogs.
Personally i would say just stick to LED's for your fogs. You can match them to be almost the exact same color as your headlights and with the new HID's you already have who needs more light. Either way im sure its gonna look great
Old 12-29-2005, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
Those aren't the HID lights...those are the standard sealed beam replacements that you'd get at autozone or advance auto parts. Same part numbers as the one's I just picked up a few weeks ago. And hardly anyone stocks the 4701's I might add....

I need to find a High and Low beam version of the HID's...either that or I'll need to get two of the same kit to fill each light hole and just have the same intensity (but just more of the same) come on when I click the high beams on. And then a set of silvania superwhite fogs to try to match the 6000k HID's.
thats the number eurolamps uses for thier sealed beam conversions.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by canadaisintexas
Personally i would say just stick to LED's for your fogs. You can match them to be almost the exact same color as your headlights and with the new HID's you already have who needs more light. Either way im sure its gonna look great
LED?? can you post a link?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is definitely something I've been meaning to do to my car... I'll have to save up some beans and just DO IT! Thank you to everyone for their help and input! I love these threads!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

hey infinite, couldnt you swap out the fogs for piaa fogs? the white ones. i doubt theirs any yellow to them.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

As far as LT1 'birds, I VERY HIGHLY recommend buying Hella housings for your car. I had some in my '93 Formula. They're around $80 for a pair and the cutoff would rival that of a projector beam. Eurolamps don't come close to the Hella's. I just wish Hella made housings for LS1 'birds!
Im sorry to bother you again but you dont by chance know what housing its called or were i can get them as im on their website and they have the Xenon series, The intelligent lighting, ff series, cool blue, micro de, and a whole bunch of others. Thanks.

Quick Reply: T/A Hawk HIDs - PICS