Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

anyone with the eurolights conversion - help

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone with the eurolights conversion - help

i just got mine today in the mail for my 2000 bird. i always seem to suck at installing things. im kind of confused as to what im supposed to do, the instructions were rather vague. on the back of the housings there is a little silver plate that looks glued in. do i remove this so that i can fit the bulb in there? how do i take it off? and am i supposed to be cutting the stock wires somewhere?

also i dont even understand what this means;"use the female spade crimp terminals (2 per lamp)for bulb connections." "cut existing modular connector from vehicle leaving a suffiecient amount of wire so that it can be reused if desired."
^is that step even necessary? it sounds like maybe its not required.

large picture http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74...d/100_0332.jpg

Last edited by 00firebird; 01-06-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

I did mines is very simple, cut the wires long just in case u decide to go back to the original u still have the connectors, female connectors slide right to the back of the H7 bulb and the back of the female connector u slide the wire then crinpit. Repaet the process with the rest of them. The piece of metal on the back in the center behind the black rubber u dont need it, it's just there to keep the mouistere out and the black rubbere comes out and slide it over the buld, slide the bulb inside the housing and close it. Make sure u dont touch the bulb wih your fingers and clean it with alcohol before putting them in. any question send me a pm
Old 01-06-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

ahh got the metal things out, i was being too delicate. you had to sort of pry it out a little. do you have AIM? it would be easier to talk on there than pm