Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Review: Optimum Car Wax

Product: Optimum Spray Wax

Price: $15.99

Manufacturer's Claim:

Optimum Car Wax is the only spray car wax that provides the durability of a paste wax and long-lasting UV protection. A combination of high-grade Carnauba wax, sealant polymers and UV inhibitors forms a protective layer on the painted surface to protect the paint from sun damage and environmental elements for up to 5 months.

Packaging: The product comes in a ergonomic spray bottle that provides a good spray pattern.

Usage: I applied to a freshly washed and dryed surface that was in good shape. I sprayed one squirt per panel and buffed. It tended to leave "high spots" here and there, but that may be user error. It took me about twice as long as a normal QD'ing, but overall that's still pretty quick for waxing.

Overall Thoughts and Notes: Overall, it's an easy product to use. The appearance was improved from the un-waxed surface, but it wasn't an overly dramatic difference. It had decent gloss and a slightly muted (carnauba) finish. It had decent slickness. My durability findings are quite disappointing to this point given the manufacturer's claim (I got less than 6 weeks as a stand alone), but other than that it's a good product.