Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Which electric Autometer guage looks like the factory guages during the night & day?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which electric Autometer guage looks like the factory guages during the night & day?

I'm thinking about buying some Autometer guages for my 2002 Z28 that looks like the factory guages during the night and day. I've already looked in the Autometer website and have picked out the Super-Comp, but I'm unsure as to how it looks at night. Does anybody have any more info on it or have any other suggestions? I'll also consider switching to white face guages, but only if there's a guage that can match the factory illumination. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always thought the Z series was the closest to Fbody gauges (red/black).
Old 01-21-2006, 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

I have the same dilema.. I bought Cobalts.. installed them and looked at them about half a dozen times and realized I dont like them that much. Gonna sell them and get some Sport Comps or Sport Comp IIs instead. I think those look the closest.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe I have the sport comps, but they have a black face, and white lettering. Once you install the red bulb cover then the white lettering goes red at night. I think it looks nice and close to the factory guages.

-Brian
Old 01-22-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I think I've found what I'm looking for with the Sport Comp 2's from looking at the Autometer website description of them:

...this series adds superior White LED through the dial lighting technology and glowing red pointers.

I think that also describes the factory guages.