Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

White SS, going in for complete body and paint.....share your thoughts....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default White SS, going in for complete body and paint.....share your thoughts....

After 94k miles, it's time to give her a face lift. She's one of 776 Camaro's in '99 with white leather, so it's a nice white on white theme going on.

I think what I want to do is paint the sail panel satin black. And I just saw some pics of "nine ball" 's car, and I think the stripes on his car, would look great on mine.

Also, being as how mine is a '99, my mirrors are black, and with my 3.8% tint....I like the looks of it, but am open to thoughts regarding going white on them also.

That's mine. I'm also wanting to do clear corners, and some other kind of grill. I want to lower it down around some Privat Profil's as well.

Any thoughts, or suggestions, or photoshoppers who can show me what it would look like?

She goes under the knife next week when I leave the area for work.

Tom
Old 02-24-2006, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Oh yeah, I was thinking about getting my SS badges painted on as well. Anybody done this yet?

Tom
Old 02-25-2006, 04:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

i wouldnt paint the SS badges on, itll look cheap IMO. do the mirrors in white, leave the rest black like it is., have them paint the rear valence flat/stain black. and then do all the other stuff u mentioned
Old 02-25-2006, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Wow, 59 views, and 1 response.....

Originally Posted by 1sicv6
i wouldnt paint the SS badges on, itll look cheap IMO. do the mirrors in white, leave the rest black like it is., have them paint the rear valence flat/stain black. and then do all the other stuff u mentioned
Thanks for the input! I'd never seen the badges painted on, other than on Sam's 280Z, so I wasn't sure on that. The mirrors are something I may have to do some photoshopping on...... :hmm:

Tom
Old 02-25-2006, 12:47 PM

piant you mirrors white and get you tail panel painted satin black also thne you will be rolling
Old 02-25-2006, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camarossman88
piant you mirrors white and get you tail panel painted satin black also thne you will be rolling
Thanks! I had a buddy photoshop the Hugger SS, so if the owner doesn't mind....I'll post up the pics of what it would look like on my car. And the mirrors are white in the chop.

Tom
Old 02-25-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

i agree paint the mirrors.. Also, you might want to suggest to the paint shop to take off your side molding..I think it looks sharp..You want to paint behind your grille flat black then follow that with a Stulle Grille in Black. Make sure you add some black accents too
Old 02-25-2006, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LANDONZ
i agree paint the mirrors.. Also, you might want to suggest to the paint shop to take off your side molding..I think it looks sharp..You want to paint behind your grille flat black then follow that with a Stulle Grille in Black. Make sure you add some black accents too
Thanks for mentioning that side molding! That is definitely something else I was going to do.

What does the Stulle grill look like, and who sells it?

And what kind of black accents? :hmm:

Thanks for the input!

Tom
Old 02-25-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have no idea where to buy stulle grilles..I actually got mine off of Ebay..It was like a one time thing..But I paid 110 bucks for it, you can get one off of ebay now for like 30 bucks and have powdercoated black..

Black accents: Lets see, whistler mod, Keep your black SS emblems, black panel, If your going to keep your top black, don't paint the mirrors white..It will clash IMO!! And last but not least..Get the Privot Profiles with Black/polished lips combo!! There you go..Badass Camaro in the making LOL

Originally Posted by Potent68
Thanks for mentioning that side molding! That is definitely something else I was going to do.

What does the Stulle grill look like, and who sells it?

And what kind of black accents? :hmm:

Thanks for the input!

Tom
Old 02-25-2006, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

I have no idea where to buy stulle grilles..I actually got mine off of Ebay..It was like a one time thing..But I paid 110 bucks for it, you can get one off of ebay now for like 30 bucks and have powdercoated black..

Black accents: Lets see, whistler mod, Keep your black SS emblems, black panel, If your going to keep your top black, don't paint the mirrors white..It will clash IMO!! And last but not least..Get the Privot Profiles with Black/polished lips combo!! There you go..Badass Camaro in the making LOL
I'm not a fan of black rims, though occasionally with the chrome lip...... I'll have to try them on and see.

What is the whistler mod? I'm usually on top of these things!

Thanks for the response!

Tom
Old 02-25-2006, 05:02 PM
12 Second Club

Where can you get privat profiles from? I thought they were on backorder? I want a set of black 17's soooo bad.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by black_z
Where can you get privat profiles from? I thought they were on backorder? I want a set of black 17's soooo bad.
I honestly am not sure right now. I won't be bolting new rims on until I get back from the Middle East, so I have some time.

Last I had heard Todd was selling them, but, like you said, they were on back order. :dunno:

Tom
Old 02-25-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

whistler mod is the headlights painted black..search for it
Old 02-25-2006, 08:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok clear corners, white ss rims, ! side molding, white mirrors, black roof, slp grill, red accented ss badges. that would look hot. maybe get some 11's for the rear.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

ok since this is a white SS i have many thoughts about it... since it appears to be a hardtop (nice choice by the way) i think you should have the line on the top filled in so the whole top is nice and flat... have the WHOLE CAR, mirriors, top everything painted white, remove the body moulding. get some old school SS emblems for the sides and rear...

this is my car so far... white ZR1s, white brake callipers, body color top (B4C) yes it is an LS1..
Old 02-25-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cop Car
ok since this is a white SS i have many thoughts about it... since it appears to be a hardtop (nice choice by the way) i think you should have the line on the top filled in so the whole top is nice and flat... have the WHOLE CAR, mirriors, top everything painted white, remove the body moulding. get some old school SS emblems for the sides and rear...
lol, because that's what you're stuck with that's what he should do? I think going from a black roof to a white one would look horrible! (unless you like the V6 look) no offense to your car cop car. Clear corners are a must as well as lowering, you can check the pics in my sig if you want.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

whistler mod is the headlights painted black..search for it
The link is in my sig and in the stickey at the top of the forum...
Old 02-26-2006, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
lol, because that's what you're stuck with that's what he should do? I think going from a black roof to a white one would look horrible! (unless you like the V6 look) no offense to your car cop car. Clear corners are a must as well as lowering, you can check the pics in my sig if you want.
Wow, wonderful constructive reply. Body colored tops sure look terrible on T/As and the 35th ann. Camaros Last time I checked I could repaint my top, but it looks better with a body colored top IMO <--- you see that? It means "In my opinion." Everyone has their own opinion and there is no reason to be an ******* for no reason. I get countless comments on how nice my car looks because it has a body colored top.

Now, let’s see who likes your fugly car and who likes my car… you may make a thread if you would like. Personally I prefer a nice clean look, this is opposite of your decaled up/cluttered and multi colored look you got going for ya
Old 02-26-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won

Wow, wonderful constructive reply. Body colored tops sure look terrible on T/As and the 35th ann. Camaros Last time I checked I could repaint my top, but it looks better with a body colored top IMO <--- you see that? It means "In my opinion." Everyone has their own opinion and there is no reason to be an ******* for no reason. I get countless comments on how nice my car looks because it has a body colored top.

Now, let’s see who likes your fugly car and who likes my car… you may make a thread if you would like. Personally I prefer a nice clean look, this is opposite of your decaled up/cluttered and multi colored look you got going for ya
IMO <--- you see that? It means "In my opinion." Everyone has their own opinion and there is no reason to be an ******* for no reason.
u are the biggest hypocrite ever. you talk abotu how you have an opinion and blah blah not to critisize and crap then you go and rip this dude up worse than what he said about your car. he even said no offense. chill out man. geez
Old 02-27-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, this thread was about people giving ideas to potent68 about his car.. not about critisizing what other people said. I am not "stuck" with anything.

Quick Reply: White SS, going in for complete body and paint.....share your thoughts....