Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Triple Guage Pod

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Triple Guage Pod

I have a question for some people who already have put in a triple guage pod. I have a 2000 WS6 and I have the aftermarket oil and water temp. gauges to put in to my gauge pod and I don't exactly know what fittings I need to adapt these gauges to my car. I hear that the water is on the passenger side head right above the spark plug and then, what is a simple way to mount the oil pressure gauge above the oil filter, could I just buy the adapter for a oil cooler then the fitting and if so what size is that fitting.
I have found how people put them in but I don't know the actual products I need to buy. Any help from you guys is much appreciated, thanks again.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ShermzT/A
I have a question for some people who already have put in a triple guage pod. I have a 2000 WS6 and I have the aftermarket oil and water temp. gauges to put in to my gauge pod and I don't exactly know what fittings I need to adapt these gauges to my car. I hear that the water is on the passenger side head right above the spark plug and then, what is a simple way to mount the oil pressure gauge above the oil filter, could I just buy the adapter for a oil cooler then the fitting and if so what size is that fitting.
I have found how people put them in but I don't know the actual products I need to buy. Any help from you guys is much appreciated, thanks again.

Ok, so what is your oil gauge.....temp or pressure? You listed both in your thread. I assume it's temp since we already have a pretty good pressure gauge stock. There is a fitting right above the oil filter than is held on by two 10mm bolts. Remove that fitting and you'll see a perfect place to mount the sender on the top of that fitting. You need to drill and tap that hole and mount the sending unit that came with the gauge in there.
For the water temp, the sender goes into the passenger side head like you said, but the sender that came with the gauge requires an adapter to fit into the head.......but I'm not sure what adapter you need.....hopefully someone that knows will chime in. It's been discussed before so you could probably find it in a search.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks man I will see if maybe I can google something on that I did hear of a place but I can't remember the name but will do I thank you again.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

The fitting adapter you need for the Water Temp Sender to PS head is a M12x1.5 to 1/8"NPT. They are made by Equus.

A couple places carry them but cheapest I have found is the Equus Metric Adapter Kit #6848 from AutoBarn. The kit comes with an assortment of various adapters including the one you need. Cost of the kit shipped is the same as others want for just the one fitting you need - so why not get a couple extra you might need somewhere else for the same cost

Might as well buy (2) kits while you're at it - 9 times out of 10 you will snap off the adapter the first time you try to install by tightening too much. The adapter is very thin walled due to the M12 thread on the outside and the thru hole for the sending unit bulb on the inside.

Make sure you put the adapter in a vise, then thread the NPT sending unit into the adapter with teflon tape first till it is tight. The thread the entire assembly into the head - being VERY careful not to tighten too much - or it will snap off in the head - then you'll be screwed. I also used teflon paste on the adapter threads to the head and the included aluminum crush sealing washer.

The port you need to use will currently have an allen head plug installed from the factory that you will need to remove first.

The oil sending unit should be installed in removeabnle aluminum casting that is bolted on to the block directly abiove the oil filter as described earlier.

-Jay-