Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Wash Mitt?

Meguiar's has a couple:

Deep Pile Chenille Wash Mitt

Ultra Plush Wash Mitt (is this MF?)

My last experience with a chenille product was that it came apart on me and left pieces all over...

So anyway what should I use? And should I get two?
Old 04-16-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Addict

Sunday bump.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

In all honesty, between the two its just about preference.

Both are what, $5-6? They're both clear coat safe, scratch free mitts that'll do the job.

The chenille mitts do tend to fall apart somewhat, but if you're safe around the "rough" edges (like the sail panels, window trim etc) the little fibers left behind arent too bad.

Both will do the job fine, just choose one that you like better.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

I prefer the chenille mitts. You just have to rub them while they're dry and pull off any of the loose pieces. Even the first wash might still have some pieces come off. After that they stay much softer than the "plush" ones which I think are some synthetic material. I usually get a new mitt at least for the Camaro once a year. I have to pick one up for this year. The old ones that are still good get used on the other vehicles.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

I had a Chenille mop from Turtle Wax and it was crap. It came apart all over the place. You could shake it out and it would continually make flurries of fabrics all over. They ended up all over other towels in the wash with it also. I decided not to use it on the car again unless I wanted to be picking all that crap off.

Anyway I guess i'm just looking for other options.

Here are some more I found:

SONUS Der Wunder Mitt (Microfiber, won't degrade)
Sonus Ultimate Wool Wash Mitt (lasts about a year only)

I will probably try the SONUS Microfiber.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:05 PM
TECH Junkie

I HATE microfiber wash mitts. I've had nothing but problems with them. Because their pile is so dense (the whole point of microfiber), they tend to trap dirt and crap, which ends up causing scratches and swirls. Getting them to release this dirt tends to be pretty difficult, even when dunked in clean water.

Honestly, as picky as I am about everything that comes into contact with my car (with the exception of my fat ***), the best mitts I've found are the Eurow lamb's wool mitts at Walmart and Target. They hold up well, are readily available and I've never had one leave scratches or swirls. Don't get the synthetic one, unless you use it just for your wheels. As long as you're using two buckets when you wash (one clean water for rinsing the mitt and one soapy water), you should get good use out of them.

But that's just my opinion.

-Mike
Old 04-16-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Honestly, as picky as I am about everything that comes into contact with my car (with the exception of my fat ***), the best mitts I've found are the Eurow lamb's wool mitts at Walmart and Target. They hold up well, are readily available and I've never had one leave scratches or swirls. Don't get the synthetic one, unless you use it just for your wheels. As long as you're using two buckets when you wash (one clean water for rinsing the mitt and one soapy water), you should get good use out of them.

But that's just my opinion.

-Mike
+1 for the walmart/target lambs wool mitts, they work great for my black car, no swirls or scratches, and they're cheap enough to replace every year, and not feel bad about it
Old 04-16-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Well to be honest I like the looks of the Meguiar's Ultra Plush Mitt. Apparently it's a synthetic material made to be like sheeps wool yet won't wear out in only a years time.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Eurow Sheepskin wash mitt from Wal-Mart.

Quick Reply: Which Wash Mitt?