Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

turtle wax ice over zaino????

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 01:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question turtle wax ice over zaino????

i use zaino z5 then z2 but is it ok to use the new ice over it?
the zaino is slick and my paint is about a 8 and a half and no no matter how slick it is its still never shiny to me[even though i get a lot of complements on my paint on its almost swirl free and it feels like glass id like to try the ice]
so since zaino is suposed to bond to the paint will the ice remove it? like will it still be on under the ice?

thanks guys

p.s. just did the whistler mod and it looks pretty good.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

you use zaino and you're considering using that oily **** on your car?...

don't buy the hype, you already have the best.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:45 AM
12 Second Club

To answer your question...

Absolutely not.

If you already have Zaino.. you would be stepping down... more like falling down the stairs. Stick to what you got.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
you use zaino and you're considering using that oily **** on your car?...

don't buy the hype, you already have the best.
Agreed...
Old 05-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Launching!

personally, i hated zaino when I tried it... I like the ICE polish. I used it over meguiers? NXT wax and it made a huge difference... the ICE made my car way more glossy than zaino ever did and I don't think it's oily at all.. might as well just buy some and see if YOU like it.. it may work for your car and it may not...
Old 05-03-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that you should not put turtle wax over Zaino. Like the above post I also hated Zaino when I first tried it. I did not like Zaino because I was putting it on much to thick. You need to put Zaino on very thin. Build up lots of layers of Z5/Z2. I was not getting all of it off and it left streaks. After applying the next coats it would seal in the streaks and I could not get them off until I removed all the layers of Zaino and started over. I'm not saying that is why sslow200 didn't like Zaino though.

I typically will put 5-7 coats on early in the spring polishing between each coat with a microfiber cloth and then I will just wash it the rest of the year and my car looks fantastic to me. If anything I have heard some complain that Zaino makes some cars look to "plastic" because of how much shine you can get out of it.

What is your Zaino procedure?
Old 05-03-2006, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sslow2000
personally, i hated zaino when I tried it... I like the ICE polish. I used it over meguiers? NXT wax and it made a huge difference... the ICE made my car way more glossy than zaino ever did and I don't think it's oily at all.. might as well just buy some and see if YOU like it.. it may work for your car and it may not...
Not oily at all? I dont understand how the ICE cant be considered oily.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think it would help. i've actually achieved more glossy results with ice than i have seen with zaino, and i didn't spend all day doing it.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

The gloss in Ice comes from oils, and the results are very short-lived.

If you feel like trying it, go for it.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

i agree zaino would last alot longer, but i applied ice 2 weeks ago and still looks great. Being on a black car, i wash it alot. So anything i use, wont last long anyways.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Well what I did was I got it and applied something else and took back the Turtle Wax Ice......the results were far from spectacular, the finish was short lived and felt like my car feels weeks after I wax with Nano.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm not a big fan of mixing sealants and waxes together. I used to experiment with putting Meguiars #26 on top of other sealants with generally poor results. If you're looking for something to boost Z5, get some Z2 Pro, Z-6 or even some Z-8, though Z-8 should be used sparingly. I haven't used Ice myself, so I can't speak to its oily factor, but I've used Zaino before and the Z-2 and Z-6 spray always gave me excellent results.

-Mike
Old 05-03-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamaroSS
Well what I did was I got it and applied something else and took back the Turtle Wax Ice......the results were far from spectacular, the finish was short lived and felt like my car feels weeks after I wax with Nano.

the color of your car will never shine like black or darker colors so you weren't able to see anything. your car is harder to tell when dirty as well. i have a friend with a pewter camaro. looks the same all the time to me, but i'm washing my black cars muiltiple times a week and if it rains on one, looks like i dont do anything at all to keep it clean.

i wax black almost every time i wash just because it's so much of a pita to look good.

Last edited by luckyou03; 05-03-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Launching!

yah I used the ice on both my pewter camaro and black truck... it made a killer difference on the black... but worked marginally on the camaro... I think it made the pewter look as shiny as it can (which, isn't really that spectacular anyway, since its more metallic). the black though really made a difference, makes all the damn orange peel really stand out though! it's the best shine i've found so far for the truck (only had it a short time, maybe i'll try the leftover zaino on it...)
Old 05-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Teching In

I was wondering the exact same thing. Prom is on Saturday and unfortunately I'm going to have to do a bit of driving around that day so I won't have a chance to reapply a coat of Z2 once I'm done with all my errands in preperation for prom. Would I have any problems if I applied the ICE as a quick touch up to the finish for prom and then washed the car to remove the majority of it when the finish dulls and apply zaino again? Or would I need to dawn the car to remove everything and start over?

Quick Reply: turtle wax ice over zaino????