Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Opinions on Berger style stripes???

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opinions on Berger style stripes???

I was wanting to possibly enhance the appearance of my 02 Z28 and Im considering going with a set of Berger style stripes. Here is my car.

I wanted your opinions on if a set of silver "Berger style" stripes would look good. I'm staying away from white, b/c I think it might remind me of a skunk...lol I was thinking of buying some silver metallic vinyl stripes, but I'm worried about them fading over time, or turning a greyish color. I'm considering having them painted on, bright silver metallic. Here are some example of them on other colored cars. I'm sure most of you know what they look like anyway...

If any of you have any pics of this style stripe on a black car, I'd love to see it. Or, if any of you care to do some photoshop work for me that would be greatly appreciated. If you guys have any other color recommendations (flat black, gunmetal, etc.) those opinions are certainly welcome.
Any and all opinions are welcome. Thanks!

Last edited by Nittany_marine; 06-01-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe this will help with color choice....not quite the same stripe though. I think it is a great color combo

Old 06-01-2006, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for your input! That looks like a darker silver. Hmm.....decisions, decisions...lol
Old 06-01-2006, 05:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

silver would look the best on a black car
Old 06-01-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you can add something on your car, to look like this car, then it would be a no brainer. That camaro is one of the nicest you will see on these boards.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ahhhh i wouldnt do it jim...... one thing i do kinda like and have seen on a freinds car is when just the scoop ir painted silver or something.... i think thats looks decent.... but im not really a fan of stripes my self
Old 06-01-2006, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
ahhhh i wouldnt do it jim...... one thing i do kinda like and have seen on a freinds car is when just the scoop ir painted silver or something.... i think thats looks decent.... but im not really a fan of stripes my self
Thanks for the input, Fran. I just get bored sometimes, and feel the need to do something else to the car...ya know? lol
Old 06-01-2006, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

I was also wondering if anyone knew where to find a set of Berger stripes, or maybe a stencil for them. The only ones I've found so far have a separation in them at the base of the bulge in the hood. The original Bergers dont seem to have that. Heres what I mean....

The real ones dont seem to have that, and thats what I was looking for....

Maybe if I decide to do it, I'll be looking at having to get them painted on.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:07 PM
Banned

I agree either get the REAL Berger stripes or no stripes. I don' like these stripes:

They don't follow the scoop, they pull away the bottom, looks odd.

I'd say either the real Berger stripes in:

Satin Black (VERY subtle but could be cool...)

GUNMETAL Grey

or if it's vinyl anwyays Chrome... (would be expensive but cool)

Last choice would be reflective silver...

Also, what about a Gunmetal Manta Stripe (carry the stripe over the car to the spoiler) with Satin insert? Similar to this:

Old 06-01-2006, 08:14 PM
11 Second Club

Demonbird......I agree with you about getting the real ones or nothing. Does anyone know if they're available for purchase anywhere, or if any of our sponsors carry, or can make them? Im sure GMMG would never sell them to the public, so Im not even going to ask them. Thanks for all of your input so far folks! Keep it coming!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

Berger has a "secret" shop that did the decals for them. They won't sell to anyone else. 3rd gen decals makes Bergers with the gap but I think he can get wider vinyl and do real Berger style stripes. The painted ones look best but you have to know measurements and placement. I only have one pic of a black Berger and it has red stripes. I haven't seen a black Berger with another color stripes. I almost went with white Berger or 35th style stripes but I live near LS1SS (Greg) and didn't want to look like I was copying his car. He has charcoal stripes on his car, not pure silver.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GETGONE
Berger has a "secret" shop that did the decals for them. They won't sell to anyone else. 3rd gen decals makes Bergers with the gap but I think he can get wider vinyl and do real Berger style stripes. The painted ones look best but you have to know measurements and placement. I only have one pic of a black Berger and it has red stripes. I haven't seen a black Berger with another color stripes. I almost went with white Berger or 35th style stripes but I live near LS1SS (Greg) and didn't want to look like I was copying his car. He has charcoal stripes on his car, not pure silver.

If you're in the Grand Rapids area you could get any color you want painted on for a little over a gran and have the confidence of knowing the very one who painted all those Berger stripes and came up with the original dimensions is painting them for ya Even though I don't work for Berger any longer, I still do have the ability to offer the service.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nittany_marine

If any of you have any pics of this style stripe on a black car, I'd love to see it. Or, if any of you care to do some photoshop work for me that would be greatly appreciated. If you guys have any other color recommendations (flat black, gunmetal, etc.) those opinions are certainly welcome.
Any and all opinions are welcome. Thanks!
i'd say red stripes, but thats just me. anyway i'll show you my pics cause i have the SLP stripes, they were created by SLP originally for the SS in the mid 90's. after they decided to stop selling them they sold the rights to Phoenix Graphix the only difference bewtween the Berger Stripes and the SLP stripes is the little gap you were talkin about, whether their the solid stripes or the anniversary SS stirpes . . . . anyway here's my pics
Bright Rally Red SS with Black SLP Stripes

Last edited by LawmanSS; 06-02-2006 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor link removed.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:48 AM
11 Second Club

Your car looks really good, 2000HTSS...
Old 06-02-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

silver on black looks wild. go for it.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

I Have Been Wanting To Get The Berger Style Stripes For A Very Longer Time Almost Two Yrs...so I Ended Up Just Going With The Gs Stripes....but I Really Want Them....if Someone Would Sell Them They Would Make A Killing...i Have Been Trying To Make My Car Look Like That White Berger Some Wquite Some Time Now....i Freaking Love It
Old 06-02-2006, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by xBergerRefinisher
If you're in the Grand Rapids area you could get any color you want painted on for a little over a gran and have the confidence of knowing the very one who painted all those Berger stripes and came up with the original dimensions is painting them for ya Even though I don't work for Berger any longer, I still do have the ability to offer the service.
So where do you work now? Did you do the color changes on the Berger cars as well? I know those were a TON of work. I think at the 2003 show there was one all blown apart in the shop being sanded and painted. I just joined the WMCC and they'd probably be pissed if I showed up with Berger stripes on my non Berger car!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:52 AM
12 Second Club

Wmcc?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:03 AM
12 Second Club

West Michigan Camaro Club...they're sponsored by Berger and help put on the Berger Chevy show each year along with Camaro Superfest. There's lots of Berger SS/Hot Rod owners and a few ZL1 and Dick Harrel owners in the club.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nittany_marine
Thanks for the input, Fran. I just get bored sometimes, and feel the need to do something else to the car...ya know? lol

u could always call me for a 408

Quick Reply: Opinions on Berger style stripes???