Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Is there a way to brighten up my factory Camaro guages & make their #'s white?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is there a way to brighten up my factory Camaro guages & make their #'s white?

I just got the Autometer Sport Comp II guages installed (the a-pillar pod installation was a hack job, but that's in another post). They perfectly match the factory guages during the day, but during the night, these guages are a lot brighter and the numbers are white. They make my factory guage lighting look dull in comparison. (I'll take some night pics later tonight and post them here.) Is there a way to make the factory dash guages a lot brighter and have the guage numbers show up as white and not yellow at night? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

sure, get brighter bulbs or led's, or maybe those xenon lights... and choose the color you want!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Here are the pics as promised. Sorry that they're blurry, but you can get some idea on how much whiter and brighter the Sport Comp II guages are.

I'm just wondering if simply using the strongest white LED's for the factory guage cluster would make it similar to the Sport Comp II's without any side effects.

Quick Reply: Is there a way to brighten up my factory Camaro guages & make their #'s white?