Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

SOM WS6 photos - new wheels, and True Fire FRC's installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 09:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking SOM WS6 photos - new wheels, and True Fire FRC's installed

The engine bay is still kind of dirty, but I'll get to that later. The outside is squeaky clean, but I did not dress the tires because I want the paint to stay clean

Let me know what you think

Old 08-27-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

That looks good man
Old 08-27-2006, 09:44 PM
Staging Lane

Duuuuudddde! That's freakin' amazing! I love the SOM's and I love what you did with the accents...Are they mirrored or chromed?? And I normally prefer the TTII's over the Smoothies, but damn! Ok I've said enough... Nice!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Born_Ready99
Duuuuudddde! That's freakin' amazing! I love the SOM's and I love what you did with the accents...Are they mirrored or chromed?? And I normally prefer the TTII's over the Smoothies, but damn! Ok I've said enough... Nice!
Thanks for the kind words!

We use mirrored stainless steel - not chrome. there is virtually no upkeep ever needed with the stainless. Worst case scenario is that they get scratched, God forbid, and they will need some possible sanding (depending on how deep the scratch is), but surely some rebuffing/polishing.

We are trying to go all out showcar with this one, and it is in it's fledgling form. We still need a polished PS pulley, polished throttle body, and polished cylinder heads and polished water pump. We are also going to buy polished caps and button heads. I am removing everything that I can from under the hood right now so that it is less cluttered. Battery and fuse covers will also be coming. I am thinking True fired by Stryker to match, or some mirrored stainless pieces. We will also be doing under hood mirrors out of stainless. when all is said and done, this car will look amazing. It's my dad's car, but I get to say what mods get done because I do all the labor for free - that's the price I pay for going to school to work on cars. I picked up an Associate's in Auto Tech some years ago, but I later found out that I hated fixing broken cars - I like making nice cars go fast. Plus, family likes freebies anyway.

Does anyone have any ideas for tasteful interor mods? I know it is very easy to overdo the inside. I'm thinking chrome bezels around the vents and it'll be done - maybe even a mirrored stainless gauge bezel
Old 08-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Banned

Nery nice... I'm glad to hear you wanting to polish some engine parts. The true flames deserve a good canvas. Check out my site for comparison prices.

Love the Corsa clone exhaust tips also!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

tips are a little crooked and tucked under, needs some cleaning under the hood, and then some tire shine

with that said, i just received your stainless front bird the other day and the quality is outstanding, the Ram Air letters are on the way in the mail I suppose, and the rear letters have been on for a year. great work with your cars and products
Old 08-27-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very nice color combo. Yes the interior is very easy to overdo, but I do agree that a shiny bezel and vent rings could be all that is needed. Maybe some stainless pedal covers and matching embroidered floormats and trophy mat in the back. Also I think its time to update the sig pic since you no longer own a black Z28 maybe something that incorporates a viper gray camaro.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
tips are a little crooked and tucked under, needs some cleaning under the hood, and then some tire shine

with that said, i just received your stainless front bird the other day and the quality is outstanding, the Ram Air letters are on the way in the mail I suppose, and the rear letters have been on for a year. great work with your cars and products
glad you like the bird - and DAMN you have a good eye! The driver's side tip is slightly crooked. It is hard to see in person, and you got it from a skewed angle photo! I think they are tucked fine, but I will get that tip straightened.

BTW, your car is sick and it was one of the inspirations on which direction to make this car go.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Nery nice... I'm glad to hear you wanting to polish some engine parts. The true flames deserve a good canvas. Check out my site for comparison prices.

Love the Corsa clone exhaust tips also!
I appreciate the words. I'll be contacting you for that throttle body and water pump. I can do the heads because they are relatively flat, but that throttle body makes me cringe just looking at it. I did my own MAF ends and it was a pain! Stainless is much easier to polish than aluminum - that I can personally say is true. I just don't know how you do it so well - your work is awesome to say the least.

Old 08-27-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Regular

looking good man . Cant wait to see what else you have in store for it.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:41 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

nice car. Maybe some tan accents to the interior to match the seats?

Paint the A/C vents, the radio surround frame, the gauge bezel, all tan like the seats. Since it is a showcar, you could also get tan carpet in there to tie it in more. I like the two-tone, just needs more to tie it all together.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Looks good really. gotta love SOM cars
Old 08-28-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Where did you get those patchs for the head rest?
Old 08-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Teching In

nice looking car. Those fuel rail covers and the lid's paint job looks sick! Again...Nice ride!
Old 08-28-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Great lookin T/A!! How is the Z comin along??
Old 08-28-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Damn that paint job and engine bay parts look sweet... is it just me or do those wheels like tiny on the car?
Old 08-28-2006, 03:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by aaron1651
Where did you get those patchs for the head rest?
I had them embroidered by another board member.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:25 PM
v-8
On The Tree

The interior color makes me want to puke... lol other than that i love the car...
Old 08-28-2006, 03:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Xx01CamaroZ28xX
Great lookin T/A!! How is the Z comin along??
The Z has been painted, and I am now done with it until sometime next year when it will get a 9-inch and some spray.

I got engaged, got the car painted, paid the car off, and got hit with school all at once, so I am broke for the rest of this year and the beginning of next.

Quick Reply: SOM WS6 photos - new wheels, and True Fire FRC's installed