Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

speckled car, junk or chem all over paint/windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 09:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default speckled car, junk or chem all over paint/windows

Problem need help. I washed my car off today and noticed tiny specs everywhere. This car only has 14k on it stays in the garage and covered most of the time. The car always has aleast one coat of wax on it. The **** is everywhere it is on my windows also, the whole f-ing car!!! It looks almost as if the windows have sand pitting on them. I remeber reading before about plants/refinerieres have chemical releases but the car has never been nowhere near any kind of plants or refieries. Do you think a claybar will help me????? Thanks for any help I can get. The car has only seen rain twice so I dont think it is an acid rain thing.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

try the clay....couldn't hurt. Maybe post a pic so others can see exactly what you're dealing with.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:02 AM
9 Second Club

I would post a pic but you cannot see the speckles in the pics I have taken. To notice them you would have to looking for them. I would not have noticed if I wasn`t waxing the car today thanks I`ll try the clay bar.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikep2002
I would post a pic but you cannot see the speckles in the pics I have taken. To notice them you would have to looking for them. I would not have noticed if I wasn`t waxing the car today thanks I`ll try the clay bar.
can you feel the speckles on the pain with your hand? trying the clay bar wouldn't hurt,and may remove it .. but to give you the correct advice, we need to identify what it actually on your paint.

could it be water spots? tar? tree sap? overspray? oil?
Old 10-01-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Try the clay bar while your washing the car with the car wash soap. Just remember to keep it lubed well.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gipraw
can you feel the speckles on the pain with your hand? trying the clay bar wouldn't hurt,and may remove it .. but to give you the correct advice, we need to identify what it actually on your paint.

could it be water spots? tar? tree sap? overspray? oil?
It appears to be some kind of overspray. Yes you can feel them with your fingers if your feeling for them. I tried some precleaner wax on a small portion of the windshield and it all came off and then tried it on the paint most came off. I`m a bit scared of the claybar never used one before. Thanks

I`m gonna try some solvent/or Kerosene first
Old 10-01-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikep2002
It appears to be some kind of overspray. Yes you can feel them with your fingers if your feeling for them. I tried some precleaner wax on a small portion of the windshield and it all came off and then tried it on the paint most came off. I`m a bit scared of the claybar never used one before. Thanks

I`m gonna try some solvent/or Kerosene first
csounds like clay bar will remove it, and it i MUCH safer than a solvent or keresone .

just buy a kit, follow the instructions, use lots of lube .. I prefer the Quik detailer spray for lube, either Meguiar's or Poor Boys, but any good one will work .. Mother'sm etc.

I prefer spray detailer to car wash soap because it prevents you from having to wash the car when you are done claying, and the car wash soaps will sometimes casue the clay to break down after repeated use.

as for using the clay, just follow the instructions, knead it often, use tons of lube, and do not, under any circumstances, use the clay bar if it gets dropped on the ground. throw it away and get another one .. it is a good idea to break a new one in half, or even thirds, just in case you drop a piece..
Old 10-02-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

clay bar should take it off, if it doesnt work try some final wipe solvent, and if that doesnt work cut polish your entire car, swirl free polish it and then wax and the spots will 100% for sure be gone!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:33 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks picked up a big mothers clay bar from pep boys today gonna try later this week.

Quick Reply: speckled car, junk or chem all over paint/windows