Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

AC removed out of Fire Wall

Old 10-08-2006, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Default AC removed out of Fire Wall

I figured I would post this in here, since this is kinda custom work, and it was done using a Dremel.
I was sitting at work today, nothing going on, so I started looking into what I can tear out of the car. I have it parked at work eventhough it has no Engine in it. I took out the Dremel and started cutting some more stuff out. Having no Engine made this job alot easier. I left everything on the inside intact, so all pieces can be bolted in where they were, and the Heat will still work. I am going to bolt a piece of Aluminum sheet metal in the spot where this was and seal it in. This will clean up the Engine bay real well.

As far as the weight savings, this was like maybe 2 lbs, but I had the Engine out already, so might as well do this while I have the room. It was all useless pieces.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure you block that area off well. The heat and sound will drive you nuts if you drive it around much.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

The passenger will catch all the heat..lol
Old 10-09-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe you can put some dynamat under the carpet to deaden the sound and keep the heat out.. i dunno just my .02

Search this Thread