Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Polishing aluminum

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Polishing aluminum

I stripped the clear coat on my ws6 wheels a while back because the clear coat was getting cloudy and all scratched up. Is there a good polish out there besides mothers or wading polish that will polish these? Or am I going to have to break out the buffer and the white rouge? I want these to shine like chrome. Any help? THanks guys
Old 10-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Banned

Break out the buffer and the "tripoli." Not white rouge. If you want cut & color at once, use the tripoli. The white rouge is only color with little effect on cutting the base shine into the metal.

Look on Eastwood's website in the metal buffing section if you need supplies. (sponsors) ==>
Old 10-08-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have some tripoli and some different kinds of soft bonnets I bought from Eastwood a while back. I have some experience in polishing, but was wondering if I could bring these back with a little less effort. I`m being lazy. I think some of the stuff I have is listed in Eastwoods intake polishing kit.
Thanks, though
Old 10-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jebcamaro
I stripped the clear coat on my ws6 wheels a while back because the clear coat was getting cloudy and all scratched up. Is there a good polish out there besides mothers or wading polish that will polish these? Or am I going to have to break out the buffer and the white rouge? I want these to shine like chrome. Any help? THanks guys

jebcamaro...Please check out our line of Heavy Metal Polish http://www.brilexsolutions.com/hemepo1.html ... If you have any questions about our polish please feel free to contact us, and yes we can get the look that you want.

Thanks, John

Quick Reply: Polishing aluminum