Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How functional is the twin turbo hood?

Old 10-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How functional is the twin turbo hood?

How functional is the twin turbo ram air hood? Is there a ram air kit that will fit it? Thanks

Old 10-12-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Veteran

if you want fuction get a ultra Z. it looks better than that thing. imo
Old 10-12-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol that hoods "ram air efect" is a little less than functional. the SS hood probably does better than that ol thing. if you want a ram air hood go with the Ultra Z.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mattu
How functional is the twin turbo ram air hood? Is there a ram air kit that will fit it? Thanks

I feel like slap'n people in here.

First off,..."twin turbo ram air hood"?!!! If your refering to the hood thats like mine,...it has 1 name,.......its a WS.6 hood weather its on a camaro or a firebird.

Secondly,...Look closely at mine in my signature and tell me that it DOESN"T feed cool air to the air-box.

Thirdly,...[QUOTE=Ls1CamaroGuy87],.."if you want fuction get a ultra Z. it looks better than that thing. imo"[QUOTE] I agree. But I only agree because that hood belongs on a Formula or a Trans Am and NOT on a Camaro!!

Lastly,....Ultra Z, WS.6, SS and Firehawk hoods are ALL functional. WS.6 has rain deflectors but if ya saw-zaw em out like with what I did with mine,...its 100% free flowing cool air.

P.S. WS.6 hoods belong on Firebirds and NOT Camaros IMO!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...^^^ its not a WS6 hood period. the scoops are wrong, and the entire thing looks far from a ws6 hood :p

** bottom lnie before this thread gets locked

it will function, it can feed air to the airbox, but as always most hoods dont have a very good "ram" effect because of baffles and the box isnt sealed to the hood
Old 10-12-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

WS6 Style Camaro Hood

That and the "Twin Turbo" hood are completely different. The twin turbo reminds of more of an ultra z hood. So it's not the ws.6 hood and shouldn't be called the ws.6 hood.

"We normally cut out the ram air holes on the hood so let us know if you don't want the holes cut. It does have 2 openings on the inside of the hood at the back and 2 openings on the outside of the hood at the back that are cut out and fully screened. This allows heat to be dissipated out of the engine compartment. The front ram air holes can be easily be cut out to be made functional."

That's a direct quote from the ebay listing, so if that's where the original poster got it from....please read about it before asking
Old 10-12-2006, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

WS6 hood with a BG RamAir or even a Volent is the only true ram air thats out there.

Too bad you cant buy the BG Ramair kit anymore. Im glad I found one! Works amazingly!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually its looks more like the early hawk hood, i should know...and the only ram air hood i like on a camaro besides ss is ultra z...just my .02
Old 10-13-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FBodyPerformer
WS6 hood with a BG RamAir or even a Volent is the only true ram air thats out there.

Too bad you cant buy the BG Ramair kit anymore. Im glad I found one! Works amazingly!
Did you not just read what i posted before you?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:46 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys, no hood is going to give you a ram air effect. Our cars are bottom breathers and if you have a higher pressure coming from the hood, it will only cancel out the lower intake track, it won't force more pressure into the intake.

Now, it would be a different story if you closed off the bottom of the intake, and then sealed the hood to the intake box, hence the same way you do with a forced induction system.

Put it into these terms, if you added a supercharger or turbo charger but left a big hole in the intake track, guess what, you're not going to go above atmospheric pressure.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WS6 Rampage have you seen your car recently? I mean, really, have you ever looked, even for a second, at your hood? If so, then how in the f^ck did you mistake that twin turbo hood for a WS6 hood? That's like a guy with an SS guy throwing a fit because someone called an Ultra Z hood an Ultra Z hood...when it is so obviously (at least to him and nobody else) an SS hood. It sells under the name..."Twin Turbo Hood".

As for the original poster, it may be a functional hood-but would you marry an ugly, fat, disgusting woman just because she can cook and clean better than a much more attractive, horny woman? No, you'd go with the "useless" hot one (I hope!)

Go SS, Ultra Z, VFN SS, Sunoco, ZL1...
Old 10-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Teching In

thanks svt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How functional is the twin turbo hood?