Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics and build up of my new 2000 LS-1 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seriousley pisses me off. I have a v6 and to find out someone is lucky enough to have an ls1 and is destroying the **** out of it pisses me off. I take extreme care of my car and ive never even put a used part on my car(not bad at all im just saying) I used a whisper lid, slp cai and a k&n filter. Just because its free doesnt mean you put it on the car.

It pisses me off you have an ls1 and are modding it/treating it liek a ******* honda when i could have that ls1 and actually take care of it
Old 01-05-2007, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

ROFL it looks like a limp metal ****
Old 01-05-2007, 02:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Maybe he didn't know any better...? Jesus ******' christ...
Old 01-05-2007, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Crows93Z
Maybe he didn't know any better...? Jesus ******' christ...

Knowledge is a beautiful thing. There is none in the OP.

Your tranny's gona grenade. Maybe not today but..

If I had done that mod to my 2000 my wife would have had me in a straitjacket. Even most women know better.

To each his own but really...
Old 01-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Launching!

What a POS
Old 01-05-2007, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't we cut him a break... I have thought about that type of CAI myself, I think he may have had the right idea, just his execution was a little sloppy. Props to ya man for DIY, but as you will find out "the devil is in the details"
Old 01-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Well, if you have a car in that condition, why not...
Old 01-05-2007, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

so what it does look like **** and flow masters are shitty but hes having a good time and thats what you got into cars for was to have a good time.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
This seriousley pisses me off. I have a v6 and to find out someone is lucky enough to have an ls1 and is destroying the **** out of it pisses me off. I take extreme care of my car and ive never even put a used part on my car(not bad at all im just saying) I used a whisper lid, slp cai and a k&n filter. Just because its free doesnt mean you put it on the car.

It pisses me off you have an ls1 and are modding it/treating it liek a ******* honda when i could have that ls1 and actually take care of it
Lucky? V8 Camaros are dirt cheap.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ThirdgenRallySport
this thread is spreading to other forums.

why flowmaster and i agree the CAI looks real ghetto.
fancy meeting you here... lol, but really, what the hell with the CAI and the pig pen that was an engine bay... cmon dude, get back in your civic for the love of god!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Launching!

you should call the car the "no budget buildup" and just put a bunch of home made/free mods on it.

that would be great
Old 01-05-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on guys dont bash this guy just bc he put a non effective CAI on his car!!! Let him figure it out on his own, after he hydrolocks it of course.

So i guess when it comes time for an oil change you will probably go to the junk yard and look for the lowest mile car to take the oil out of??

Ok this thread is seriously starting to crack me up. Oh i think i saw a honda over here Bama in the junk yard with a big pipe and it was wrecked. Maybe you can make some type of air duct out of it.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Teching In

A buddy of mine had a V6 camaro with that same intake, but it was further up towards the throttle body. He hit a small puddle when it wasn't even raining hard, and he was probably going 30 mph. His car died and it hasn't run the same since. Its not locked but it smokes and rattles. Free now will end up costing you a lot more in the long run. You would be smart to spend the little money for a new lid and small upgrades now, instead of a new motor later. Just my opinion. Plus it looks like complete A$$.

Friends don't let friends turn LS1s into hondas....
Old 01-05-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dmoss69

That's should at least get me into the low 10's due to the air flow through it. That is if I cut out the styrofoam behind the bumper cover to let the air flow through the holes directly to the CAI!

That is, if my tranny holds together right.....

Woohoo!

Did any of you miss this??? 10's??? you think you need this type of intake to run 10's??? there are people here using the a lid and a paper air filter and running that...

I have personally done back to back to back testing on my friends and neighbors DynaPack Dyno system... using a paper filter.. a K&N filter.. and NO FILTER AT ALL.. no filter yeilded 2hp over the paper filter.. K&N yeilded 1hp over the paper filter (using a Granatelli Lid, dyno'd all same day within 20min of each other..)

So dont think that this air intake is awesome and getting you 10-15hp.. you are gravely mistaken if so..
Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned

Default I love being cool!

I love my CAI!

It rained really hard here today, so I said what the hell, let me take my camary-o out for a spin and hydrolocker up!

So in the pouring rain, really can't see ANYTHING, I drove, and drove......and drove...........and drove........drove fast.......drove slow.......idled.......and damn, nothing. Just like the LT-1 that I had before with the Moroso CAI.

Of course it was hell driving in the rain cause my tanny shifts so hard and can't see , so here we go.... brrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm, (shift) get's sideways and rpms fly up to 5000, so of course I have to get out of it, it gets traction, then WOT! Brrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm , and the same situation during the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts.

Now, there was a pond that I passed, and was tempted to drive her in there, but I figured nah, I'll let her live until we put nitrous on it.

Anyways.......

I got the Y pipe fabed up, but of course that's wrong too cause I didn't buy the Mandrel bends from the supporting vendor that "EVERYONE ELSE" buy's theirs from. I probably got the "cheaper" kind, since it was the cheap kind that came off of E-BAY.

I put the wideband in the exhaust tube after the 2 banks come together, right where the rear seats are. For some reason, I can do that since the CATS are gone, but anyway.....the LM-1 is reading very lean on open loop AFR, but that would have nothing to do with the efficiency of the set-up that I have put on the car. The stock stuff was much better.

I checked the WOT AFR on the car, and it is a rich 10.5, so I'm gonna put her in speed density mode and trim the VE tables to get the cells below 4000 in the 14.7 AFR range. I'm gonna keep her just a tad rich to make sure she pulls a small amount of fuel out of the LTFT's, so she doesn't add more fuel to the PE or WOT tables other than the mutipliers.

Once we get those dialed in, I'll plug in the MAF back in, then calibrate the MAF to the VE tables, then begin tuning the WOT AFR.

BTW......The new to me, rusted, used, free flowmaster sound like dookie also.

Moss
Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Has the car ever been tuned before? If not there must be a reason it's running so rich with a stock tune. I think you should troubleshoot that first before you start tuning.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 01T/A88IROC-Z
ok...I'm not gonna bash you any further cause that would be mean. But if you're gonna correct me on my grammer and spelling, then you sure as hell better not make any mistakes in you replies. Maybe you should go back and re-read some of the stuff you typed. AND, AND, AND...did you say you are hoping to make it into the 10's with that CAI , some tunning, and some exhaust work...with the way that thing looks you'de be lucky to make it to the track. What you might want to invest in is some scheduled maintaince. Being a cop car I doubt it got very many oil changes. Just my opinions....as you so eligantly put it. But by cutting that radiator support I think you really weakened the sctructural integrity of that car....DON'T HIT ANYTHING!
BTW, the correct spelling is grammar....
Carry on, and a little less bashing.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dmoss69
I love my CAI!

It rained really hard here today, so I said what the hell, let me take my camary-o out for a spin and hydrolocker up!

So in the pouring rain, really can't see ANYTHING, I drove, and drove......and drove...........and drove........drove fast.......drove slow.......idled.......and damn, nothing. Just like the LT-1 that I had before with the Moroso CAI.

Of course it was hell driving in the rain cause my tanny shifts so hard and can't see , so here we go.... brrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm, (shift) get's sideways and rpms fly up to 5000, so of course I have to get out of it, it gets traction, then WOT! Brrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmm , and the same situation during the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts.

Now, there was a pond that I passed, and was tempted to drive her in there, but I figured nah, I'll let her live until we put nitrous on it.

Anyways.......

I got the Y pipe fabed up, but of course that's wrong too cause I didn't buy the Mandrel bends from the supporting vendor that "EVERYONE ELSE" buy's theirs from. I probably got the "cheaper" kind, since it was the cheap kind that came off of E-BAY.

I put the wideband in the exhaust tube after the 2 banks come together, right where the rear seats are. For some reason, I can do that since the CATS are gone, but anyway.....the LM-1 is reading very lean on open loop AFR, but that would have nothing to do with the efficiency of the set-up that I have put on the car. The stock stuff was much better.

I checked the WOT AFR on the car, and it is a rich 10.5, so I'm gonna put her in speed density mode and trim the VE tables to get the cells below 4000 in the 14.7 AFR range. I'm gonna keep her just a tad rich to make sure she pulls a small amount of fuel out of the LTFT's, so she doesn't add more fuel to the PE or WOT tables other than the mutipliers.

Once we get those dialed in, I'll plug in the MAF back in, then calibrate the MAF to the VE tables, then begin tuning the WOT AFR.

BTW......The new to me, rusted, used, free flowmaster sound like dookie also.

Moss
IMO youre wasting you time and money. Unless youre going to rebuild that beatin down LS1 in there, I would get rid of the car now before you put to much money into it. Cop cars get the **** beat out of them constantly. I dont even want to know how many miles are on that thing. The car is a POS and so far, your doing some quite retarded things with it. Why would you even think about putting that "intake" on there? are you that poor that you coudnt even afford a new air filter instaed of that used, dirty cone? And an Ebay y-pipe?!?!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:13 PM
9 Second Club

This is what a real CAI looks like Custom 4" by me

And no its not a daily driver and I don't usually try to drive it in the rain (over 500RWHP) but I have driven it in the rain with no issues.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Ah, you did it for me. I was going to post your pics Jeremy.

Quick Reply: Pics and build up of my new 2000 LS-1 Camaro