LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Appearance & Detailing (https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing-18/)
-   -   Possible Wiring Problem, Left turn signal sticks...? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/662778-possible-wiring-problem-left-turn-signal-sticks.html)

SSCamaroUSMC 02-21-2007 12:04 AM

Possible Wiring Problem, Left turn signal sticks...?

Just finished install of Halo's and Clear turn signals. The right side works perfectly, set it up so that the actual "halo" of the headlight comes on under the "running light" setting (first click over on the headlight switch)... by splicing it in with the blue wires of the turn signal, But for whatever reason, after rewiring everything, the right side works perfectly.... But the left side sticks, (the inside turn indicator light is stuck [not clicking on and off] and the rear turn blinker just stays lit, while the front turn signal doesnt come on at all.... also when my car is running, and the headlights are completely off (when it would be just the clear corners lit, only the right one is lit)..... everything was working before i bolted the lights back in... and im pretty sure my connections were good enough not to have popped off after a few minutes of driving....... any ideas what has gone wrong...?

kraaazymike 02-21-2007 01:12 AM

sounds to me like your drivers side DRL bulb burnt out. Dead DRLs causes lit turn signals.

Kevano26 02-21-2007 02:27 AM

+1^

when my DRL burnt out the turn signal would stay solid if i put it on.

Smoke Panther 02-21-2007 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by kraaazymike
sounds to me like your drivers side DRL bulb burnt out. Dead DRLs causes lit turn signals.

:judge:

the fact that the front DRL didn't come on shoulda been your first clue :D

Brian2006 02-21-2007 07:19 AM

Out of curiosity, you said you wired your halos to the blue wire? Because the blue wire is your actual blinker wire. If you wired your halos to the blue one then your halos should only activate when your blinker does - making your halo blink with your blinker :jest:

You should wire it to the brown one

SSCamaroUSMC 02-21-2007 10:38 AM

no.. i meant brown wire... when i wired up the right side i accidently spliced into the blue wire first.... but the left side (the broken side) i went right for black & brown..

3.4camaro 02-21-2007 06:25 PM

the blinker is interesting though

i think im gonna go do that now... :)

SSCamaroUSMC 02-21-2007 10:19 PM

hmmmm ok.. so now i REALLY need some advice..... Because i just flipped the lights around a bit.. and saw both the "inner" and "outer" bulb come on.. but the front turn signal still doesnt work....... what gives...!?!

kraaazymike 02-21-2007 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by SSCamaroUSMC
hmmmm ok.. so now i REALLY need some advice..... Because i just flipped the lights around a bit.. and saw both the "inner" and "outer" bulb come on.. but the front turn signal still doesnt work....... what gives...!?!

Did you change that bulb yet? Theres two filaments in the DRL bulb. I'm willing to bet that your DLR filament in that bulb is blown and the parking light filament (the one you most likely saw on) is still functional.

jeffboy757 02-22-2007 12:54 AM

this just happened to me yesterday, i hit my right blinker and it stays lit. so i get out and sure enough all the lights are still working. then i thought about the double filament bulbs. ill change them tomarow and see what happens

1meantransam 02-22-2007 12:57 AM

lol check your wires and yeah give the DRL bulb a try to

VIP1 02-22-2007 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by jeffboy757
this just happened to me yesterday, i hit my right blinker and it stays lit. so i get out and sure enough all the lights are still working. then i thought about the double filament bulbs. ill change them tomarow and see what happens

Turn on the Hazards and replace the bulb that isn't flashing. Also check the socket for corrosion.

01ls1lover 02-22-2007 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by VIP1
Turn on the Hazards and replace the bulb that isn't flashing. Also check the socket for corrosion.

+1.. :judge:

Untouchable436LS1 02-23-2007 10:09 AM

+1 for that, it happened to me and sounds like a classic DRL burn out

SSCamaroUSMC 02-25-2007 06:52 PM

Fixed... Thanks for the input!

BANDITCAR 02-25-2007 07:30 PM

So it was the bulb?

I just got through changin my driverside DRL bulb for the 2nd time this weekend. The 2nd time I was sure to clean the socket and put on a liberal amount of dielectric grease.

I can't stand driving around with 1 DRL!