Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cheap appearance mods to a 96 V6 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cheap appearance mods to a 96 V6 camaro

My brother just got his first car. It is a 1996 Camaro 3.8l v6 w/ a 5-speed. It's nice, adult owned and only 80k miles so the burghundy paint still looks really good.

Anyways, what are some things we can do for free or fairly cheaply. Headlight HIDs, foglights, ss spoiler, hood, wheels, fatter tires, berger panel, chrome emblems, ideas?

This is NOT going to be a race car, just a nice looking daily driver for a kid in high school. Throw some idea and links to LT1 style accessory websites,
Old 03-02-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a girl on here, landonz's girlfriend i think, she has a pewter v6, and it looks awesome, z06s, ss hood, black hockey stripes, billet grill, the little things also, hids.....etc
Old 03-02-2007, 01:44 AM
11 Second Club

you cant go wrong with the berger panel cheap and easy some paint from the auto parts store and your done
Old 03-02-2007, 07:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would say rims would be the place to start I think those make the biggest differance, but what ever you don't let him dual exhaust on becuase it will sould like ****. After the rims I would say the spoiler and then the hood. Just depends on how much you have to spend.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
My brother just got his first car. It is a 1996 Camaro 3.8l v6 w/ a 5-speed. It's nice, adult owned and only 80k miles so the burghundy paint still looks really good.

Anyways, what are some things we can do for free or fairly cheaply. Headlight HIDs, foglights, ss spoiler, hood, wheels, fatter tires, berger panel, chrome emblems, ideas?

This is NOT going to be a race car, just a nice looking daily driver for a kid in high school. Throw some idea and links to LT1 style accessory websites,
Obviously if it looks good on a z28 it'll look good on a v6 also, about the dual exhaust thing, I have loudmouth on my v6 and most people think it sounds like an 8.

Last edited by phantomzer0; 03-02-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
also, about the dual exhaust thing, I have loudmouth on my v6 and most people think it sounds like an 8.
Well i was just saying that every V6 that I have heard with dual exhaust sounded like crap. Some of them sound okay when they are at idle but when you get on them they sound like crap. But that is just my opion!! I am not trying to bash any one here.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Launching!

I'll have to record mine sometime and see what you think. I have the same problem with people thinking my firebird is a trans am based off of sound.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

i had a 94 3.4 v6 camaro with a flowmaster on it, sounded good up till about 3000rpms. i literally had to pop the hood and prove it wasnt an 8 to a guy before he ran me at the track. 3.8 v6s sound alot better with exhausts then the 3.4 did. i would say do berger, rims, exhaust, tint. i've got some websites if you PM me i dont know if all of them are sponsor links
Old 03-02-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

my v6 had a billet grill, cf letter fill in, CF door sills, cf nose emblem,red led interior, clear corners, painted calipers, 80% percent tint. looked ok. unfortunately i was just starting on the big stuff i still have some stuff for sale from it. GFX, clear rear makers
Old 03-02-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

let's stay on topic, people....

The only cheap things you can do is a berger panel and painting the calipers. Everything else is gonna run you 3-figures or more
Old 03-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Teching In

I have a '99 Firebird V6, and I got this oldschool muffler called a cherry bomb on it and the thing rocks some ***. It's cheap too...Bought the part and installation for 65 bucks. As much as I wish it were a good idea to put dual exhaust on a v6 for looks, I have to agree that they probably won't sound very good. However, nothing is keeping you from gettin a new muffler and a pimp exhaust tip for the one that you have. Thats real cheap too.

As for rims, you dont gotta fork out wads of cash. If youre really looking for some inexpensive ideas, just sand down your wheels and prep them, then just give them a nice coat of black spray paint. Thats what I did and it also came out looking awesome. All in all, I bought a sweet muffler, tailpipe, exhaust tip, and clean black rims for just under $100 grand total
Old 03-02-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i say: save your money. I was plannin on pimpin the 96 firebird too but said to myself, "I don't want it to be all show and no go".

If you insist though: Tints and rims, those two items sets off almost ANY car!
Old 03-02-2007, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smoke Panther
let's stay on topic, people....

The only cheap things you can do is a berger panel and painting the calipers. Everything else is gonna run you 3-figures or more
I agree. You're going to have to spend a little dough. Berger panel, rims, and a drop are good places to start.

Quick Reply: Cheap appearance mods to a 96 V6 camaro