Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Check this out: PHOTO BLOCK ER RED LIGHT CAMERA LICENSE

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check this out: PHOTO BLOCK ER RED LIGHT CAMERA LICENSE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-CAM...QQcmdZViewItem
Has anyone ever checked these out. I was reading this earlier and just wanted to see if anyone has tried these or some like it.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:13 AM
TECH Regular

Saw something like that on the news a few years back. A former cop was making them because he didn't agree with cameras violating our rights. He was selling them for about 50 bucks a peice so for 25 bucks on ebay, I'd give it a shot.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

Mythbusters tested that a week or two ago, and it failed.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the different colors and font sizes make me want one
Old 03-23-2007, 02:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by blertawho
saw that too
Old 03-23-2007, 03:51 AM
TECH Resident

waste of money

i think a better (and cheaper) way to avoid red light camera tickets would be to not run red lights... but that's just me
Old 03-23-2007, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

I actually have a tinted cover on my license plate, and it is virtually impossible to read my plate at night as long as there is no light source behind me. However, when someone is behind me with their lights on there is no problem reading my plate. I'm getting ready to put an LED light bar I made back there so i wont have to worry about cops at night. But ive been driving like that since last june, so im not too worried. I dont know how bright the flash on those cameras are, but the tinted cover might help a little bit, IDK.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When they did that on mythbusters the camera was only a 6 feet above the ground. A red light camera is considerably higher off the ground. That blocker works with angles so when viewed from a greater angle it distorts more. So it might work. Did anyone else notice this?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:47 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blk98ls1
When they did that on mythbusters the camera was only a 6 feet above the ground. A red light camera is considerably higher off the ground. That blocker works with angles so when viewed from a greater angle it distorts more. So it might work. Did anyone else notice this?
agreed. If it had actually worked on the show, everyone and their mother would be getting one of these photo blockers.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i saw that mythbusters to dont get it its crappppppppp
Old 03-23-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

as far as light goes, those cameras use lots of flashes, so they will get itif you just ahve a tinted cover.

these might work, since mythbusters didnt use correct angles or the same type of cameras. keep in mind that mythbusters tested for speed cameras, different than red light cameras.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

typically, the red light camera license plate covers dont work. I say typically, because anything possible, and any product can get lucky. The only one I've seen work is a anti-laser cover, which make it so when the cop shoots your front plate with his laser gun, it dissipates the laser, so he wont get a reading from your plate.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't worry about those red light cameras around here too much. I don't know about your states, but here in NC they are being pulled down. They caused more wrecks than they were worth, and the money wasn't going to education like it was supposed to. They are too easy to beat in court.

I would rather blow through a light a little late, because there is a delay time, 3 seconds or more, when the whole intersection is red. With that in mind, I would rather go thorugh a bit late, than be rear ended by the fool who is not paying attention...

However the speed trap ones, that Mythbusters were testing, I have no clue about. I learned my lesson about speeding, so...needless to say I am not the one to fly around everywhere.

-bryan
Old 03-23-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tinted covers are illegal in Illinois
Old 03-23-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TORK?
The tinted covers are illegal in Illinois
ANY cover is illegal in IL, front or rear, including clear
Old 03-23-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I already have a clear cover I was thinking about buying this from BestBuy and attaching it
Old 03-24-2007, 03:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I saw that mythbuster episode and the camera angles were not the same as in real life. Here in CA those cameras are everywhere, i read that they will be insatlling these on almost every intersection not only to give tickets but to use as video evidence incase they needed to monitor events that took place. I dont know if they are seperate cameras for red light and for recording but my brother and mother both got tickets in the mail with a couple picts of them caught red handed in the middle of the intersection with the light red. The picts were almost like pausing your tv, clear as day so they could not argue that they ran the light.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

they make license plate covers that have slats in them. You cant see them from behind the car. but from above, the slats line up and create a viewing field and you cant see anything behin them at all. Really cool and also simple. But i have never seen them for sale
Old 03-24-2007, 05:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

I saw that too.I have these for all my cars.The cameras you encounter at traffic signals are usually higher and to the side so mythbusters wasn't all that correct because they took shots straight on in the lab and pretty much tag level outside.Now if your turning and your tag is directly facing the camera your gonna get a ticket,as my GF found out.I have seen a better one on a woman's Acura at Kroger that you couldn't even tell it was on there,on these you can and I've gotten a illegal tag cover fine for $35 which is stiil cheaper than the $100 redlight ticket so I keep them on.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

how about you just don't run red lights...plain and simple. You know how many accidents i go on every year 'cause *** holes don't understand that red means stop...i suppose you could explain to the family of the car you T-boned that you had this special device that made reading your tag impossible so you can run red lights and not get caught, i'm sure they would understand.

Quick Reply: Check this out: PHOTO BLOCK ER RED LIGHT CAMERA LICENSE