Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

AS PROMISED: Mongoose pictures 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GotV-8
Looks good, I think some nice wheels would set it off even more also. Oh and some springs lol
Complete suspension, and wheels/tires will bed one when I'm back, and able to drive her regularly. I almost did a set of CCW's, but decided I didn't want them sitting indefinitely with new rubber while I'm gone.

Tom
Old 04-09-2007, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dementia
Beautiful. That manta stripe is killer.

The Mongoose name was already (sorta) taken though hehe. There was a (GM if I'm not mistaken) project team that wanted to make an fbody outperform the vipers at the dragstrip when they first came out. I believe they started out with an LT1 formula and did a lot of hidden weight reduction and some suspension mods to it but in the end they got it to run the same times as the viper down the 1/4.
Thanks! I had to throw the plate frame in there to help people understand. Nothing like a friendly rivalry though!

Tom
Old 04-09-2007, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AnimalSS
Looks good. Did you consider painting the third brake light, like mine? I think it's a neat touch when you've done a black stripe.

No, but I did notice the red looks darker surrounded by all the black. How well can you see yours when you step on the brake? What'd you use to paint it? It may be worth me getting a wrecking yard piece and trying it to see how I like it when I get home.

Thanks for the idea!

Tom
Old 04-09-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

now thats white just needs wheels and a drop. i wonder how your car would look if you put white letter on the berger panel.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Black mirrors > body colored mirrors.

Car looks awesome, bro. One suggestion(I'm picky): Get the body shop to use the same paint and paint the grille for you. At least in the pictures, it looks like it doesn't match up well at all, color-wise. Car looks sick, though. And it's a hardtop.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TroubledWine3
Black mirrors > body colored mirrors.

Car looks awesome, bro. One suggestion(I'm picky): Get the body shop to use the same paint and paint the grille for you. At least in the pictures, it looks like it doesn't match up well at all, color-wise. Car looks sick, though. And it's a hardtop.
Thanks!

It actually matches really well. Just the way the shade is. I noticed that in the pics also.

The paint actually looks extremely deep. I specified that I didn't want to see any orange peel, and they really worked hard to make it so.

Tom
Old 04-10-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wheels should be chrome or black, other than that awesome car. Always loved the Manta. That's called a Manta right?
Old 04-10-2007, 01:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Potent68
Thanks! I had to throw the plate frame in there to help people understand. Nothing like a friendly rivalry though!

Tom
O I understand the meaning of the title and it make me smile when I hear it. I just came into the thread expecting to see pix of the one I described. I do love your car though, well done bud.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Potent68
No, but I did notice the red looks darker surrounded by all the black. How well can you see yours when you step on the brake? What'd you use to paint it? It may be worth me getting a wrecking yard piece and trying it to see how I like it when I get home.

Thanks for the idea!

Tom
It's still just as bright when lit. The guy that painted my stripes did it. The light was removed and painted with clear that had a little black mixed in with it.

Quick Reply: AS PROMISED: Mongoose pictures 56k beware