Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Berger Panel in Carbon Fiber anyone interested?

Old 04-01-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Berger Panel in Carbon Fiber anyone interested?

I am talking with a company that does really good CF laminate parts about taking our back panel (Berger Style) and laminating it with Carbon Fiber. This pic below is a pic of the bottom of a C6 that they do. I am trying to get prices, but I may get one myself and see how it holds up. Chances are it will not be really cheap. But, as I learn more I will tell you more. Here is a pic of of one of thier products

They have 3 colors that I know of, Titanium, Silver and Black. Nothing is set in stone and I have to get deminsions to them so they can shoot me quotes. If anyone gets bored, measure the distance of that panel for me side to side top to bottom. I am in Iraq and cannot do it, if someone else could for me I would appreciate it. And then I can get some numbers. Chances are its not gonna be cheap but i think it would be pimp seeing a titanium Berger style panel in CF on a NBM car and a Black CF on white, silver or pewter. Let me know what you guys think. Or if you know where that stuff might be made at already is.

They are not a sponser so if you wanna see thier link shoot me a PM. They only do C6 stuff and some C5 stuff right now. I was going to buy a ton of thier stuff for my C6 before I sold it. Good stuff.
Damon
Attached Thumbnails Berger Panel in Carbon Fiber anyone interested?-pic-2.jpg   Berger Panel in Carbon Fiber anyone interested?-pic-1.jpg  
Old 04-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

I made a poll on that same idea once....

On that part, it would have to be a veneer that had wrapped edges. Once upon a time I was ==><== close to producing those panels to the highest quality.

Good luck, I know the market sure could use it..
Old 04-01-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Yea the F Body is kinda lacking in quallity aftermarket material like that I think. You have to go out of your way to make something happen. But it usually costs so much it almost makes it not worth while. But I am gonna try jsut to see how it turns out. I will prolly just buy a naked panel to get done and keep mine too just in case. Then go from there. If I can get the cost down that will be the key. I know this is not going to be cheap lol.

Damon
Old 04-01-2007, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

jersey at apsis?? it will be somewhere around $700 plus right?? while it does look good thats honestly gonna be way to high.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Yup, Jersey. Like I said its gonna be up there lol. I will let everyone know what its gonna run. I am figuring in teh part of 700-1000 to be honest. More then I want to pay but until I get a quote I am moving forward. I can probably find it cheaper. But for now its just a feeler and I like his stuff.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:26 PM
12 Second Club

to each his own, but 700 to a 1000 to look ricey? Oh well..at least it's different. I have seen about 4 different cars with the black berger panel on them just driving around this week.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edwardswb
but 700 to a 1000 to look ricey?
Ricey!? So SCCA cars that body's are made of Carbon are rices, as well as LeMans, and other high end racing?! The RICE flaming is off the charts as to what RICE is. Fact of the matter is, if ya don't like it then don't buy it or talk of it. I guess most threads need to have disclaimers on them in the first sentence. I understand your comment on the $700-$1000, but personally having done, and still doing actual Carbon Work, it's not cheap, nor in an abundance due to the war. Most suppliers have limited stock....
Old 04-01-2007, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** i was excited when i seen this thread.. ive been wanting one forever... id pay 300-400 for one, but damn 700-1000, i jus cant see it, i know its high to make, but damn
Old 04-01-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ~JOSHUA
I made a poll on that same idea once....

On that part, it would have to be a veneer that had wrapped edges. Once upon a time I was ==><== close to producing those panels to the highest quality.

Good luck, I know the market sure could use it..
I know
Old 04-01-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it was good quality ide buy it.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Veteran

That price is what I honestly am expecting but I am hoping maybe it will be less. Just being honest on the price. Hopefully its not that high though. If I can get it less then 500 somehow that would be the only way to make it sell for the F-Body guys. As for me being called rice? That's a first lol.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Yea was pretty close if I do it, its gonna run 730 a pop. If this was teh corvette croud I am sure it would sell. But with most of us not wanting to pay those kind of prices would be kinda hard. I have the details if someone does want it bad enough email me and I can give you enough details to make it happen. Thanks guys

Damon
Old 04-05-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's rediculously expensive, there were some carbon fiber berger panels on ebay for waaaaay cheaper than that probably like $200 something.

Forget who's car this is, but this is one of the ebay ones..
Old 04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6539647&rd=1,1
Old 04-05-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by XxXTransAmXxX
Ricey!? So SCCA cars that body's are made of Carbon are rices, as well as LeMans, and other high end racing?!
Building a car out of carbon and laminating panels to looks like it's entirely carbon are two different things. Not that I wouldn't buy one if I had a Camaro but it'd be pimper entirely carbon.

I do agree that people throw around the word rice like they never heard it before...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Berger Panel in Carbon Fiber anyone interested?