Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Used Turtle Wax Ice: Great Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up Used Turtle Wax Ice: Great Results

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,1

I've owned MANY dark color cars, the last one being a Black Lt1 with a shitty repaint job so I wasnt too concerned at making it look great, but I did the best I could do.

I sold that car and I am now into my low milage NBM T/A with a great paint job, welp as good as factory could have done.

The hood could use a buff but thats just from stuff the previous owner let get on there, the paint over all is a 9.3/10

My big issue with any dark color car and using a carnuba based wax, hard or otherwise is that if the wax didnt cure properly, or not buffed/polished off good enough, or even with a higher then ave humid day the wax doesnt cure and leaves a swirl, the kind where you see it at certain angles in direct sun, it makes black cars look like complete ***.

My buddy on a Pewter camaro and his father with his Yellow GTO used this stuff and their stuff came out great, no swirls, sheen or any nonsense. Just made the car look great and it was very easy to apply the product.

I got a bottle for myself due my newly aquired car has not had wax put on it in a while. I gave her a good bath, dried, and clay barred the bumper(rear), the rest of the car was fine. You squirt the was on the sponge and do your sections, now you can use this in direct sunlight so it wont matter, but at least allow 3-5 minutes to haze. The just wipe off with the supplied micro fiber towel.

In like 30 mins I did the complete car x2, the paint is smooth and it got rained on the next day. This was at night so no sun on the car, but when I drove home, all the rain came off, no water spots, I didnt even need to towel dry. Thats cool **** in my book.

I have no issues using it again, it was like 13$ for a bottle but I used no more then 1/10 for 2 applications on the trans am, I would recommend it.

Anyone else have any exp. Please share!

Old 06-14-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turtle wax was the best wax for my black 95 z28
Old 06-14-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

as long as you don't mind doing it every week, you will be fine. ICE provides little to no protection, and the durability is horrible.

Order some Tropi-care TC-3 and use it. It will look better, and do a hell of a job protecting your paint.

there are easily 30 products on the market that are better than anything Turtle Wax makes.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

No me gusta la turtle wax ice
Old 06-14-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brian2006
No me gusta la turtle wax ice

Its too hard to get off and it doesn't look any better than anything else Ive used. Ill stick to my NXT till that runs out, then Im getting Zaino
Old 06-14-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like NXT much better than the ice but the ice wasn't horrible. Like they said though it doesn't last at all. To bad I can't wax my car due to the fact that some of it was just painted.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Internet Mechanic

Since it takes 15 minutes to do the car, im all about it. Zanio has to be bought mail ordered and its a pita to get off, dark colors always had a issue with me, so this works fine for me.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Plus it smells so good. I wanna drink that ****!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Since it takes 15 minutes to do the car, im all about it. Zanio has to be bought mail ordered and its a pita to get off, dark colors always had a issue with me, so this works fine for me.
Yeah Zaino does sound like a long process, but def. worth the results. A local club member is a Zaino distributer, so i can get it all from him
Old 06-14-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ice is good for a quick wax. Looks good if applied correctly.

Mike
Old 06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i use it as a pre wax, it gets all the imperfections and swirls out before i use a hi gloss wax. takes away like half the buffing time it would usually take, and after ice and a wax the paint feels like butter and shines like chrome

Quick Reply: Used Turtle Wax Ice: Great Results