Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

lost pics found of my 67 Camaro..

Old 05-06-2003, 02:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default lost pics found of my 67 Camaro..

Most of my pictures of my 67 Camaro were lost in a theft many many years ago.. while cleaning through old boxes this weekend I came across some other ones.. Nice to have a few pics of the old girl.. -- Sad that I dont have more. I decided to scan them to CD to keep them safe.

Car was a 1967 RS from a salvage yard.. I didnt have much $$ but I had a lot of friends (surprise) so I got work done for great prices. Had to settle for coupe front end but the paint was done in acrylic urathane (Imron) which you cant even use today. Mirrors were off a 2nd gen and the cowl hood was bought new from GM ($400).. this car was built back in 1985. Engine was a built 327 SBC with camel hump heads and a HUGE cam. Front brakes were from a 69 Firebird, steering rack from a 79 Z28 (close ratio).. car has a powerglide at first then I went with a turbo 350 and converter later on. Seats were Corbeaus and the car had a chrome "show bar".. Here she is with the polished Centerline wheels:

I used to show it at professional car shows.. didnt win much there since most of the other cars were big buck trailer queens (mine was my daily driver) but I did pretty good and had a great time

Later I wanted to freshen it up some so I did a frame off, boxed the frame, chromed the suspension and that sort of stuff.. I also added 16" IROC wheels with gatorbacks.. this caused quite the stir back then as people said "I cant belive your running 16 INCH wheels on a classic!!!" lol.. if they could only see me now wheels were color matched red in the centers and polished on the lip.

And lastly my blingin engine bay.. filter looks like crud here (later got the NEW K&N unit).. but I was happy with it.. easy to work on and is basicly my inspiration for my current SS..

Oh, my car was pinstriped (outside of car and engine bay/suspension by none other than Bid Daddy Ed Roth!.. I sure miss that car but it was bought from me back in 1991 by Japanese with way too much $$$$$ on their hands.. last I heard it was in Japan..

Thanks for letting me share
Old 05-06-2003, 02:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: lost pics found of my 67 Camaro..

Steve,
The one that got away, eh? What's up with the First Gens being shipped out overseas? Did i tell you that I sold my 68 to some kid in Belgium? Shipped it out of Long Beach about a year ago....

Wasn't as nice as your 67 though... sweet car.

The one that got away from me was my 56. God I miss that car! The girlfriend promises to hunt it down and buy it back after she's done with her PhD. We'll see how that pans out.

Old 05-06-2003, 03:01 PM
TECH Resident

I guess you've just always been the "bling king", Steve!
Old 05-06-2003, 03:52 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice car Steve, even by today's standards. I still think that year of IROC wheel is a nice clean design.

no more chrome rollbars though, okay buddy?

Any leads on the next blingin 1st gen project?

Tony
Old 05-06-2003, 04:29 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Steve, all your cars are naSSty I would have never thought those IROC wheels would look that good on a first gen. Awesome looking car, the chrome roll cage isn't all that bad Tony, goes with the show car look. I've got a buddy who owns a BMW performance shop, hes got a mint '69 camaro. It's got the original 350 in it, original paint, white leather interior and everything. He's looking to sell it, I wish I had the cash. Love those cars...

Rob
Old 05-06-2003, 05:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car Steve, even by today's standards. I still think that year of IROC wheel is a nice clean design.

no more chrome rollbars though, okay buddy?

Any leads on the next blingin 1st gen project?

Tony
Remember.. that styles were diffent almost 20 years ago You HAD to have a chrome roll bar to run with the big dogs.. The key to the IROC's is to run the rears in the front and the fronts in the rear (diff offsets).. I was pro-touring LONG before it became popular.. lol

To get a 1st gen I have to sell the SS.. and that hard to do since I like the car so much (im sure you can relate).. Everytime I go to a show like Super Chevy and I see all the attention it gets I want to keep it. then I start getting pulled tword the old iron..

Jon: American muscle cars are VERY popular overseas.. its was BIG business back in the 90's and it still is today.

The guy that did the braided on my current SS is the same guy that did it on the 67.. some things never change
Old 05-06-2003, 05:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,087 Likes on 716 Posts

I put on Bon Jovi's smash hit Runaway while I looked at those pics, man the memories.

I think I will put on the album Nebraska by the Boss.

Nice car I previously owned a lot of old cars, but I did have a 68 Camaro and a 69 Camaro Z/28.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,

Here's a crappy scan or two of a 67 Camaro I used to own...

I painted it Autumn Maple Firemist Metallic. That is a real metal cowl induction hood. If you look at the trim in the front grill area, you will notice it is all bare aluminum. I started off stripping the black paint off with paint stripper so I could repaint it, and ended up not painting it at all.

-Shawn
Old 05-08-2003, 06:35 PM
Chop-Foo Director

How sick does Steve make me?
Well, count his mods, then times two cuz of the
67 he had
Old 05-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

The history goes deep, thanks for sharing the pics. Another very nice car!
Old 05-11-2003, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve, Great job with the 67! I'm still looking for a 67 or 68RS, and seeing yours makes me want it all the more!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lost pics found of my 67 Camaro..