Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Ceta Help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ceta Help?

I have a 1995 Red TA. and want to do the ceta mod. Searched the 75 threads on here about ceta mods and couldn't find how or what I need to do it? Want to do it right, gloss, flat or satin on a red TA? I show the car so I think it should look alright? Also, I have white leather on my convertible would that make the ceta look bad since I don't have dark interior or would that even matter?
Old 12-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=ceta

that link should be all that you need to know, tells all the tools and things you need to buy, and has step by step instructions, goodluck!
Old 12-29-2007, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

i am a big fan of the storm gray i did mine in it is just duplicolor truck and van paint so it is semi flat and seems to be very durable what color is your top that would make the biggest differene on color to me but anything looks better than nothing
Attached Thumbnails Ceta Help?-dscf5097.jpg  
Old 12-29-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My color top is white. Do you think the ceta mod in black would look good?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Banned

if i were going to do it with a vert with a white top the only color i would do it in would be black, gloss or matte.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

OK, first off there is no need to remove the bumper from the car in my eyes. Here are a few pictures with step by step instructions. The list of things you will need to me is only the following:

Blue or Green clean release tape
Plastic
Paint and primer of some sort (duplicolor works good if you want it in a spray can)
800 grit wet sand paper
Degreaser/dawn dishsoap and water

The first thing I did was to wash the bumper with degreaser, or dawn dishsoap and dry. This is to ensure you dont grind whateer might be on the paint into it when you sand. Then tape off the bumper to make sure I had no over spray. I did the under side too. Also make sure to tape off the license plate light. It was easy for me to do it on the car, because I dont have exhaust tips back there. You could easily drop the back 2 hangers if you need too instead of removing the bumper. Next i sanded the area with 800 grit sand paper, to have a nice surface that the paint and primer can bond too. Next I primed the surface lightly. Let that dry, and paint. I had 3 coats of paint. i used an acrylic that didnt require a clear coat, and is gloss black. Came out perfect. Here is a few pictures.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks very nice.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

definatly no reason to take the bumper off i did mine just the same only reason to take off the bumper is easier to work on but takes much longer