LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Appearance & Detailing (https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing-18/)
-   -   Finished the berger for my black Z & new plates!! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/891494-finished-berger-my-black-z-new-plates.html)

TexZ 03-28-2008 12:24 PM

Finished the berger for my black Z & new plates!!

Well I wasn't sure at first how it would look, but I like it a lot so far. I just got the plates a few weeks ago too.

Let me know what yall think, and yes I know I still need to put the bowtie and Z28 emblem back on.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...Z/DSCF2653.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...Z/DSCF2640.jpg

Spd-Kilz 03-28-2008 12:36 PM

That looks great. I never would have thought a berger on a black car would look good at all.

Good job!

Ls1CamaroGuy87 03-28-2008 12:38 PM

Looks very nice! the berger mod is definitely growing on me

Scotty-Z 03-28-2008 12:44 PM

Very tastefully well done. It comes off as subtle and stylish, just as it should on a black car.

TransAm578 03-28-2008 12:48 PM

looks great!

armkneez8 03-28-2008 12:52 PM

Very nice and neat! Got to love that GMMG!

kerryt1 03-28-2008 01:49 PM

Looking good, and I like the plate too. The stainless inserts look so good on black. Reminds me of the GMMG Dale Earnhardt cars.

What paint did you end up using on the panel? I want to see it person.

My next suggestion it to find out if the aftermarket 8" antenna from a vette has the same threads and put on on there- they're $20. Or, you could cut that one.

99problemz 03-28-2008 03:25 PM

berger looks really good, and yeah those big antennas make our cars look like rc cars

TexZ 03-28-2008 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by kerryt1 (Post 9028328)
Looking good, and I like the plate too. The stainless inserts look so good on black. Reminds me of the GMMG Dale Earnhardt cars.

What paint did you end up using on the panel? I want to see it person.

My next suggestion it to find out if the aftermarket 8" antenna from a vette has the same threads and put on on there- they're $20. Or, you could cut that one.

Well it was a rattle can from O'reillys called trim black, it's trim panel paint. It was the color name that GMMG told me to use. It came out pretty good.

Photochop 03-28-2008 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by TexZ (Post 9029249)
rattle can from O'reillys called trim black, it's trim panel paint. It was the color name that GMMG told me to use.

That's good to know! I've done one before but didn't get that slight gray textured look in it. I'd used satin black and it was a lil too shiny.

What did you do for prep on it before you shot it with the trim paint? Looks sharp, I'll probably redo mine soon.

FamousZ 03-28-2008 04:57 PM

Looks good! Im really thinkin about doin it to my car since the niteshades I had on my tails has faded so bad...

JHL88 03-28-2008 05:21 PM

dam. im in love with your car man lol

Black98Z28 03-28-2008 05:39 PM

Your car looks great! I saw you driving up interstate 10 I believe last week when I was in Houston. I wasnt too familiar with the area so I might be wrong, we were driving back from Texas World Speedway and you passed us, I was in my car following my friends Supra, and my friends were driving my truck. Your car looks killer with the black wheels, I want to do my panel the same way!

TexZ 03-28-2008 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by 02EBZO6 (Post 9029533)
That's good to know! I've done one before but didn't get that slight gray textured look in it. I'd used satin black and it was a lil too shiny.

What did you do for prep on it before you shot it with the trim paint? Looks sharp, I'll probably redo mine soon.

I cleaned it really well first and then wet sanded with 600 grit through the clear. Then I cleaned it again and had to fill some scratches with body filler; sanded smooth, cleaned, and sprayed it with 3 coats.

The paint "flashes" in about 3-5 min, so the three coats go on in a total of 15 minutes, it's pretty quick.

TexZ 03-28-2008 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Black98Z28 (Post 9029995)
Your car looks great! I saw you driving up interstate 10 I believe last week when I was in Houston. I wasnt too familiar with the area so I might be wrong, we were driving back from Texas World Speedway and you passed us, I was in my car following my friends Supra, and my friends were driving my truck. Your car looks killer with the black wheels, I want to do my panel the same way!

Yeah, that was me, it was on highway 6 on the way to Houston.

You're car is so sick. I was hoping to run into some of the 2K8 guys that day and I got excited when I saw you and your friend. I like the wheels too but I kinda want to get some new street wheels.

Did you run at TWS?

Black98Z28 03-28-2008 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by TexZ (Post 9030214)
Yeah, that was me, it was on highway 6 on the way to Houston.

You're car is so sick. I was hoping to run into some of the 2K8 guys that day and I got excited when I saw you and your friend. I like the wheels too but I kinda want to get some new street wheels.

Did you run at TWS?

Ya Highway 6 thats it!

My car would have been fast on the straight away thats about it, no sway bar, drag radials etc it would have been a handfull :D

I just wanted to drive the car that day, we were all gonna jump in the truck but I changed my mind at the last minute. I did run at Lonestar on Saturday though, had a blast, makes me want to leave Albuquerque and move out there, I couldn't believe how green it was and how big Houston is. I was really impressed, big change from out here.

TexZ 03-28-2008 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Black98Z28 (Post 9030242)
Ya Highway 6 thats it!

My car would have been fast on the straight away thats about it, no sway bar, drag radials etc it would have been a handfull :D

I just wanted to drive the car that day, we were all gonna jump in the truck but I changed my mind at the last minute. I did run at Lonestar on Saturday though, had a blast, makes me want to leave Albuquerque and move out there, I couldn't believe how green it was and how big Houston is. I was really impressed, big change from out here.

Yeah I grew up in the panhandle close to Amarillo so I know what you're talking about, and I've been down here almost 5 years now and it's awesome. No dust storms, it's warm like 8-10 months a year, lots of racetracks:devil:, and texas women!

Black98Z28 03-28-2008 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by TexZ (Post 9030274)
Yeah I grew up in the panhandle close to Amarillo so I know what you're talking about, and I've been down here almost 5 years now and it's awesome. No dust storms, it's warm like 8-10 months a year, lots of racetracks:devil:, and texas women!

:nod::pimp::chug:

The only thing I dont know if I could deal with would be the humidity but thats the only downside of living where its green.

There was less dust on my car from being out there in Houston for 5 days than compared to Albuquerque for 1 day.

I could easily pick up and move, but I would have to score a job out there first, and then see where it goes from there, but who knows :D

02gtp4now 03-28-2008 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z (Post 9027767)
Very tastefully well done. It comes off as subtle and stylish, just as it should on a black car.

exactly my thoughts it looks realy good. what wheels are you running

TXZ28LS1 03-28-2008 09:19 PM

looks good TEX!!