Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Macewen overlays still avalible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
You may be looking at his home page, go back to google and look for his vinyl page.
Yep, just type "Brent Franker" on the search bar for "web" and go to the vinyl one...its like 2 or 3 websites down....
Old 04-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

i put in my order for gauge and shifter overlays on april 13th, i got a delivery email about how they were shipping (usps was electronically notified) april 21st w/ usps priority mail (2-3day shipping), april 26th, and i still haven't got them (even after today's mail). i'm starting to get a little worried, especially since i already have the dash apart ready for install. but i'm still holding out hope, i really need these to complete my interior look, but still:
Old 04-26-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

what kinda price range are these overlays?
Old 04-26-2008, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mtedenajimenez
i put in my order for gauge and shifter overlays on april 13th, i got a delivery email about how they were shipping (usps was electronically notified) april 21st w/ usps priority mail (2-3day shipping), april 26th, and i still haven't got them (even after today's mail). i'm starting to get a little worried, especially since i already have the dash apart ready for install. but i'm still holding out hope, i really need these to complete my interior look, but still:
let me know if you recieve them cause i am thinking about ordering some stuff from him too
Old 04-26-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Veteran

^^you will just check the tracking number
Old 04-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
^^you will just check the tracking number
the usps tracking number doesn't tell you much. all it says is that usps was electronically notified to expect the package (stuck on that since last monday). supposedly it doesn't change until it's delivered, then it will just change to: package received. i even called usps, and they couldn't tell me if they actually had the package or not. it's ok, think happy thoughts and hopefully they'll get here. i was so happy when i got the delivery email, but maybe that was premature. i had a feeling this transaction wouldn't go super smooth, but man i want those overlays, so i can wait a bit more. is there any other overlay option that don't require the removal of the needles?
Old 04-27-2008, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

great overlays, but you have to stay on the guy in order yo get them.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
Yep, just type "Brent Franker" on the search bar for "web" and go to the vinyl one...its like 2 or 3 websites down....
are your decals on the gauges themself?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

along w/ everyone else - just email him. Lucky for me I got mine when ws6store was selling them w/ the available decals!!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Staging Lane

so after i sent him an email today inquiring about my overlays, i got another shipment email a little while ago. this time it says express mail. so again, i'm pretty excited. i'll let you guys know if i get them this time.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by barnat
Is this guy still doing the overlay? Ive tryed calling,,, !Ive tryed Emailing,,, Nothing ,Nothing, Nothing, LOL!! Has anybody bought any of these overlays in the last week or so?If so please let me know what Email you used!thanks
I got mine about 1 month ago without emailing or calling. I payed extra to have them 2nd day delivery, and they came exactly in 2 days. I had done a search and alot of people seemed to wonder why he does'nt answer emails, and why it took so long. Nobody said they tried 2nd or next day. It worked for me.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Veteran

The decals are on the gauges themselves
Old 04-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

I'm in the same boat as you are, exept I couldn't get any response emails and his mailbox is full. Mine apparently shipped out the 21st also. Let me know when (if) you receive yours.

Last edited by jrcws6; 04-29-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

the usps tracking number doesn't tell you much. all it says is that usps was electronically notified to expect the package (stuck on that since last monday). supposedly it doesn't change until it's delivered, then it will just change to: package received. i even called usps, and they couldn't tell me if they actually had the package or not. it's ok, think happy thoughts and hopefully they'll get here. i was so happy when i got the delivery email, but maybe that was premature. i had a feeling this transaction wouldn't go super smooth, but man i want those overlays, so i can wait a bit more. is there any other overlay option that don't require the removal of the needles?
I had the same feeling, I should have gone with my gut instincts. The only other option I found without needle removal is whitegauges. They can do silver and its almost half the price of the Mccewens. I don't know how good the quality is though.

Last edited by jrcws6; 04-29-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not a real good pic but you can see mine in there. I had the light switch and AC panel overlays too but they looked like **** so I took them off.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

i did whitegauges.net's overlays...man, they look good!!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

well, i ended up getting great customer service after all. after macewen figured out his mistake, he overnighted my package and i got them today. he even called me personally to tell me. i've never had anyone call me up to apologize for something going wrong, so i got to hand it to him and thank him for the customer service. he was away for a bit for personal reasons, but he's back now. so i guess for all those people on the fence, he seems to be shipping stuff out normally now. here's my stuff:

Last edited by mtedenajimenez; 06-12-2008 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

^^dont be too disapointed with the shifter overlay because its hard to see where the little red gear indicator is during the day....so hopefully you are very used to shifting your car
Old 05-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

I finally received my silver overlays after three weeks. I never got any responses from any of my emails concerning my order or any calls apologizing. I am happy with the overlays, but not at all with the service. Here are mine with the bird decal:

Last edited by jrcws6; 05-03-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:23 AM
TECH Regular

i hate so much that i'm bringing this thread back from its recent death, but this guy just does not deliver on what he states on his website. i ordered some 97-02 camaro hvac/headlight overlays (thinking it wouldn't take as long as my first order for gauge and shifter overlays, silly me), almost two weeks ago and he hasn't even processed my order yet. hasn't replied to my monday email either. has anybody made any contact with macewen or had anything shipped to them within the past 3 weeks? i'm curious. also if anybody has any silver macewen camaro hvac/headlight overlays they want to get rid of, i will buy them and pay you the "new" price if they are in that good of condition....
This may be some un-needed advise, but If I were you, I would go some place else to get your overlays! If no one from Macewen has bothered to get in touch with you over your order, I would send one more email stating that you want a full refund and you will Not be ordering from them again! Take your money and a good place IMO to go is Hawks Third Gen: http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/in...OD&ProdID=1563
Their stuff is just as good as Macewen, cheaper, and they are very reliable, as far as good customer service and as a company! I had ordered my HVAC and Headlight Switch Overlays from them for my T/A and within 4 days of ordering, they came to my door!
It is always however your choice on where you get the stuff for your car, I'm just stating my experience with this company (as I have ordered many things from them) and one of the reasons I had gone with Hawks is that some friends told me about them, and I don't regret ever ordering anything from them!

-Justin

Quick Reply: Macewen overlays still avalible?