Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd Gear Dies AGAiN!!!!! After repair lot of parts 10 month later it dies again..

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 03:56 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 3rd Gear Dies AGAiN!!!!! After repair lot of parts 10 month later it dies again..

I will sell my 95 Transam because of rubbish transmission hate it. it sucks..
its transmission dies very easy.. I paid totally 4000$for it in 2 years but it dies againnnnnn..
Today my 3rd Gear dead.. 1st, 2nd and after that its acting like it shift to N gear...

Whats the problem with that 4l60e. 95 transam..

Old 12-25-2008, 04:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The 95 does not have a particular issue different from any other 60e in that area,
However in performance use its is important that the hydraulics and clearances are set so everything works together ,
Clearance to loose you burn then up, Clearance to tight you burn them up. too little apply volume you burn them up , To little pressure you burn them up and to much you break the drum , Its a balancing act really getting them just right.
What of any shift kit are you using ?
what are you setting the 3-4 clutch clearance at?
Whats your max line pressure set at?
What 2nd gear servo are you using as this affects the 3-4 clutch also?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-25-2008, 04:41 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by performabuilt
The 95 does not have a particular issue different from any other 60e in that area,
However in performance use its is important that the hydraulics and clearances are set so everything works together ,
Clearance to loose you burn then up, Clearance to tight you burn them up. too little apply volume you burn them up , To little pressure you burn them up and to much you break the drum , Its a balancing act really getting them just right.
What of any shift kit are you using ?
what are you setting the 3-4 clutch clearance at?
Whats your max line pressure set at?
What 2nd gear servo are you using as this affects the 3-4 clutch also?
You are expert
I am from worldwide.. I wish here there is repair services like yours..
how that max line pressure set up?

I am not sure what they did but I know that they use TRANSGO clutches and new torque converter at same brand.. They change lots of parts.. two new selenoids, new springs, New Sprag, new 2-4 band(cuz it burnt before) .. and cleaned the brain of transmission.. I used it 10 months and it dies again

by the way , dont know any relation but maybe..
before that burnth clutch, when I stop cars engine and wait a little after start it again and Drive a stall or metallic vibration sound comes under car about 1-2 months ago..
I am tired of that problem and giving time and money..
The repairman say that If any problem with my labour it will appear very soonly.. He mean not after long time.. So it dies after 10 month later.. will it be parts or becuz of his labour?
Any valuable suggests?

Last edited by ZSU; 12-25-2008 at 04:48 PM.