Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torque converter shutter/problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torque converter shutter/problem

over recent months and having my code po300 quite often my tq converter has been shutter around 40-45, lately it is becoming more and more consistant, is my tq converter broken or what are peoples thoughts, i read to change the trans fluid so looks like i guess that is where i am going to start. also on the highway i think my rpms seems to be up higher than they should and i dont think it is locking up on the highway possibly, my gas mileage hasnt been to good lately either.....help!im still trying to figure out that problem why i still misfire...have had injectors cleaned replaced my driver oxygen sensor, replaced plugs with tr5's, new wires....i still have misfires all across the board and i cant figure it out for the life of me and neither could the dealer...my maf was also cleaned recently too and it seemed to be better for like a day and then well same crap if my maf was going bad would it cause me to misfire?i have an aem dry filter and when dealer cleaned my maf it did run better for a day and then next day ran crappy again..what happened the next day was... when i came home from work it started acting up like its not in the right gear like the engine revs are to high, well when i was getting close to my house parking the car was kinda going forward faster than usual with the stall usually i can let off the gas and the car wouldnt move, well it was definetly moving any insights? btw i see my trans cooler line has been leaking but fluid smells fine and level is fine as well...
Old 02-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not a converter shudder it is a misfire. Diagnostics will disable tcc when a code 300 is active os the engine RPMs will increase. Diagnostics on a 2006 should show you what cylinder it is. If your engine rpms are running away the airflow could be part of the problem such as vacuum leaks etc...