Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any ideas? my converter is stuck in my trans

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default any ideas? my converter is stuck in my trans

i didnt seat my converter correctly onto the pump, and now its jammed. i bought a new trans and converter, because i couldnt get the converter out. but i was shipped the incorrect transmission, so i have to get my converter out and reuse my old trans somehow. i already have a new converter and pump. when i say jammed, i mean its IN THERE. i tried prying with 3 pry bars and thought i was going to break my bellhousing. i tried prying from the bottom peep hole and cracked the bellhousing there. then i chained a huge slide hammer evenly onto the bolt holes, and it still didnt budge. if anyone has any other tricks they want to share with me i would greatly appreciate it. i have to get my car running soon or im fucked.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well i have picked the trans up and slammed the bell into the gound to get them out. likley you might break the bell if your not carefull .Or your foot if you are not carefull.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-02-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

I had a 4l80 the other day that I never could get out. It would slide out enough for me to get my hand in a wrench the pump bolts out. The stator tube in the pump was stuck inside the converter.