Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuild kit for 4l60

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rebuild kit for 4l60

I am looking for a good rebuild kit for about 500+ hp. My trans already has a beast sunshell, 13 vane pump, transgo shiftkit and then just a stock rebuild otherwise. I came across this one on ebay and it looks to be a good kit with all the stuff in it I am wanting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01...Q5fAccessories

Thoughts? Do any of the sponsors on here offer kits similar or better? Doing the rebuild is no problem, I have a buddy that can take care of that for me. I just am trying the get some kind of setup figured out for when I pull it out here in the fall.

I am also going to send my Pi Vig convertor off for a restall. Its waaayyy too small and tight for my setup now. Its only like a 2800. Need probably a 4000.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Banned

You can buy the same stuff at bulkpart.com for less. Problem is you need to know what individual parts to order. The AC Delco parts there I'd assume are the Torrington bearings, bulkpart sells them in the Torrington package.
I'd get borg warner green clutches, and the bw high energy band in stock width unless you plan to machine or get a new rev/input drum.

They're also selling some shift module--their name for a shift kit which isn't going to do you much good if you have a TransGo kit already.

I wouldn't waste my money on that ****.
Log into bulkparts website and have your friend pick the parts seperate, if he can't do that then he can't build it either.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Launching!

I have done business with Pro Care in the past. Jeff is good people. He can tailor a kit to your needs. Just email him. He adjusted one of mine for alto reds, kolene steels, b/w high energy in the 3/4, carbon band. As far as cost goes, they are about the same when you figure in shipping. Bulkpart=12.99 Pro Care=9.94 for the Beast sun shell. I don't mind paying a few dollars more for great tech support. Jeff answered all my questions no matter how stupid or complex very fast. He even helped me on parts that I didn't order from him.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

When it comes down to picking out individual parts I would be lost.

Originally Posted by 2002CAMAROSSLS1T56
the bw high energy band in stock width unless you plan to machine or get a new rev/input drum.
/\/\ Just like that there, thats beyond me. Didnt know that. Ill have to email that guy and see what he recommends for me.

I am guessing none of the sponsors on here offer kits forsale that they install and sell in there trannys?
Old 07-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Launching!

If you go with a band wider than stock you need to have a new or near new reverse input drum. If you put a wider band on where the stock one has ridden, it can burn on the outer edges. I've got the Alto wide carbon linded band on a new drum. I can tell a difference in the way it grabs when it's cold and when it's got some heat in it. When it's got some heat, that carbon lined band really shines. If it helps, this is everything I replaced.

sleeved input drum
B/W dual cage sprag
Kolene steels
Alto Reds except for the 3/4. B/W High Energy for the 3/4 8 stack at .022 clearance
B/W low roller
Beast sun shell
GM 5 pinion planets front and rear
bearing style reaction carrier
new reverse drum
Alto wide carbon lined band
case saver
Sonnax wide bushing for the sun gear
All new bushings, bearings, and thrust washers
Sonnax check valve
Transgo shift kit, high rev pump rings/springs and capsule for the drum
rebuilt pump 10 vane
new 3rd accumulator capsule
clean and painted case.
all new seals and gaskets that come with a rebuild kit.
Sonnax pinless accumulators in all except the 1-2 due to the Transgo kit
new solenoids
torlon check *****
Transgo sep. plate
I kept the stock servos cause with the transgo kit the 1-2 is plenty firm and I don't plan on doing alot if any WOT 3-4 shifts
If I think of any more I'll add it.

Been pounding on it for several months now.
BTW I think Circle D sells kits. They are a sponsor here.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PedaltoMetal
If it helps, this is everything I replaced.
How much power are you putting out? or track times?
Old 07-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Don't know. Never been dyno'd. Haven't been to the track in a long time. But when it was stock, down to the paper filter as they say. I was running 9.0-9.4 in the 8th around 78-80mph with 2.0-2.3 60' depending on the weather and me. But thats been awhile now. I want to put in a cc503 and a new timing chain before I take it back to the track.
3/4 finally let go in the trans so I went all out repairing it in prep for a mild sprayed 355. Last winter I did the trans so maybe this winter I can do the 355. I hope. Gotta show some LT1 love.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

I didnt know Circle D has kits. Looks like a good kit too.