Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yank 3200 and flt level 4 trans tune help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yank 3200 and flt level 4 trans tune help.

I recently installed an FLT level 4 trans and a yank 3200 stall. The car dont run that smooth, a bit weird when it trys to lock. And i wanted to know if the only thing that a really need to change are the TCC duty cycle min table to 99 and the max to 100?
And were should i set the shift points??? right now they are at 6500rpm and red line at 6700. It has valve springs but pushrods are stock ones. I was thinking te set them back to stock limits, i think shift points were at 6000.
And also the lock speed i dont know what is right now, should i change it or let it with the factory one???
It is a DD car, no track, just run in the streets with friends
What other thing will i have to tune
Or if someone have a good tune that can send me i will appreciate it
i have HP tuners
Old 10-07-2009, 05:34 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me say first off I am not a tuner and if it were me I would have a professional doing this for me. However it sounds like you need to have your lockup speeds and shift points adjusted. In most cases guys will raise the TCC limits in modded cars with a stall speed converter. If you are not familiar with tuning software I would definitely post this up in the tuning section or go to the web site forum for your tuning software to get more help. Also with a high stall converter you should have the tests for the PO751 and PO757 shut off. These are tests for shift solenoids and with a higher stall you might trip these codes. Just a thought. Vince Bielanski
Old 10-10-2009, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just make it lock-up on 4th only. Raise the lock-up speed.
You might want to zero out wot shift speed and use rpm only to determin wot shift points.