Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transbrake wiring... Rossler 4L80E..

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transbrake wiring... Rossler 4L80E..

Im just about to wire my Rossler transbrake on the 4L80e I just installed... the unit has a sender looking deal that sticks out of the Moroso pan. Im assuming the unit has internal power, inside the pan. So I have a hanle shifter installed with a button on it... 2 wires on the shifter. I had the trans built by FLT, the brake was installed there, but I didnt get any specifics on wiring the brake.

Anyone know how to wire this thing up? It looks relatively simple but I did a search and heard of possibly using a relay.... fuses... etc. Im thinking since the brake is internally powered that all I need to do is connect one wire from the shifter to the external hookup and the other wire from the shifter to a good ground. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:15 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that heap almost done?

For my transbrake we used a relay to be safe, but the relay is also used to disactivate the nitrous when the transbrake button is down.

Im pretty sure you can do it either way I just dont remember as we did mine in a hurry on raceday and had to get it done quickly.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by camscam02
that heap almost done?

For my transbrake we used a relay to be safe, but the relay is also used to disactivate the nitrous when the transbrake button is down.

Im pretty sure you can do it either way I just dont remember as we did mine in a hurry on raceday and had to get it done quickly.
Yeah almost done... waiting for my new 9" to show up then its pretty much ready to drive.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the racecar, I have the hot wire from the fuse block to the T/B button...from the button to the hot side of the solenoid, then the other 'noid wire to ground.

Its simple, but we're not using any nitrous or anything which makes it really easy.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im going to wire up my flt/rossle trans brake on my 4l65e tmrw. I thought you would just ground the external hookup coming out of the pan using a switch to activate the brake?
Old 10-20-2009, 06:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
Im going to wire up my flt/rossle trans brake on my 4l65e tmrw. I thought you would just ground the external hookup coming out of the pan using a switch to activate the brake?
Thats what I thought....

I just called Rossler about an hr ago but Carl wasnt available and neither was another tech that specializes in this stuff. I left my #, hope they call back soon.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Avengeance
Thats what I thought....

I just called Rossler about an hr ago but Carl wasnt available and neither was another tech that specializes in this stuff. I left my #, hope they call back soon.
all thats needed is a 12 volt wire to that connection out of the pan,the brake is internally grounded,I use a momentary switch ran from a 12 volt relay.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:17 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rcsfastmonte
all thats needed is a 12 volt wire to that connection out of the pan,the brake is internally grounded,I use a momentary switch ran from a 12 volt relay.
You are correct! That is the right way to do it. Vince Bielanski
Old 10-21-2009, 09:39 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks guys.... Carl actually called me this morning and gave me the info I needed, same as already stated. 12V to the pan through a switch and its good to go.

Quick Reply: Transbrake wiring... Rossler 4L80E..