Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3200 Stall and Now a Tranny Leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3200 Stall and Now a Tranny Leak

Hey guys, I installed a Yank 3200 stall and now Im having a transmission leak problem. Yall think it is probably the front seal where I ran the converter up on there? I've heard about that happening if you hit the seal the wrong way or something. The thing is, I cant really see where it is coming from, but there are two drips on the two little inspection ports on the bottom of the tranny... This sucks though huh? I dont really feel like taking that thing down again. It was a pain in the *** when you dont have a lift. Could the leak be coming from anywhere else? Is there something I could put in the fluid to help it not leak? How bad is this for the tranny? can it hurt it or the converter at all or just be annoying? thanks guys
Old 12-24-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Yes this sounds like a front seal. I always recommend putting a GM front seal on whenever dropping the trans for any reason. My 3200 leaked and I did install an auto parts store seal. My Yank 4k went in with a GM seal and hasnt leaked a dropped.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You think it will be alright for a little while? I dont have the time during the holidays or the energy to fix it myself right now... maybe after. I was even thinking about bringing it to the dealer where a guy i know works to see if he could somehow get his guys to fix it under warranty that would be sweet!