Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator Fan on constantly after stall/cooler

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Radiator Fan on constantly after stall/cooler

So ever since putting in the Yank 3600 with the B&M 70264 cooler I have noticed that my radiator fan is running rather excessively to say the least. I hooked the trans cooler up to the front of the radiator like lots of people do. The lines go from the trans->radiator->cooler->trans return. I felt the trans cooler after driving for a bit and it does feel hot to the touch so I believe it's flowing properly. I don't have a trans temp gauge so I'm not sure what the actual temp is.

Is this normal for the radiator fan to be running more often than before? I think the temp of the trans fluid getting to the radiator is going to be a bit hotter that before, plus having the trans cooler on the radiator is just adding to the heat over all. Would that be why the fan seems to be on more then before or spinning higher? Car feels fine and shifts great.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is on your AC condenser, not the radiator. The radiator is the one closest to your motor. It'll be on more because your motor is going to be running warmer. Think about it. If you're stalling higher around town, your motor is reving higher, so you're making more heat. Thus your fans will be on more..
Old 07-29-2010, 10:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr00Bird
It is on your AC condenser, not the radiator. The radiator is the one closest to your motor. It'll be on more because your motor is going to be running warmer. Think about it. If you're stalling higher around town, your motor is reving higher, so you're making more heat. Thus your fans will be on more..
Yeah, it makes sense, I just wanted to make sure it was normal for a stalled/cooler setup. It would be the slipping of the torque converter making the heat, not the revving of the motor, right? Engine temps are fine