Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans isssue after bigger stall

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans isssue after bigger stall

Ok, so i have an 02 SS, and the trans was built less that 8k ago. Its a 4L60E SS Mega Monster Transmission Complete Rebuild Kit that went in. Has a trans cooler, and was tuned for a 3k stall. Worked fine till i got the Tci 3500-3800 stall in. Now when i got on it its fine blows em off, shifts fine and strong, but when it shifts from 2nd-3rd on WOT it hits the limiter "pop, shift", it didn't do it before this stall, does someone know if i gotta get it re tuned, or change my shift points? Also lockup acts weird, At 80-85 mph, it will lock up but then slide up to 3800 rpm when i barley tap the gas. I know its very loose, and thats fine, just the lockup and OD going 80 is just weird.

Trans has a shift kit, and i think the line pressure is 10-15% above stock. I did plenty of passes and what not, and it was perfect right before the swap. Trans fluid is fine, i had Schaeffer's Supreme synthetic fluid in it, no problem at all, great stuff, i used about 5q of Mobile 1 ATF, Synthetic, to fill new stall and w/e was lost. I checked and it is safe to mix the 2.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2010, 01:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience in changing converters, i also had to mess w/trans tune..and then it worked like it should..btw some companies say no to synthetic w/their converters..not sure about yours..good luck!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z28241
My experience in changing converters, i also had to mess w/trans tune..and then it worked like it should..btw some companies say no to synthetic w/their converters..not sure about yours..good luck!
howdy bob ^^^

to the OP

mine did the same stuff your talkin about. i had to retune the tranny. shift points and extensions were all messed up. and i changed the lock up RPM and MPH points as well. all was fine after that.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Well today it wouldn't go into 1st or OD.. and then ses light came on. Code read something like the shift solenoid not doing something on side b?.. Its the solenoid that controls 1st, and OD. I cleared the code and it ran fine. Then it came back.. i heard that has to be fixed also via tune? I know it was fine right before new stall.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28241
i'm with you ".......some companies say no to synthetic w/their converters..not sure about yours.."
I am not sure about PCI but Yank say no-no
Johnny
Old 10-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarge91
Well today it wouldn't go into 1st or OD.. and then ses light came on. Code read something like the shift solenoid not doing something on side b?.. Its the solenoid that controls 1st, and OD. I cleared the code and it ran fine. Then it came back.. i heard that has to be fixed also via tune? I know it was fine right before new stall.
It's sets a false dtc due to the rpm drop down being different than stock.
The codes need to be disabled, P0727 and P0751.

Some people argue and say they don't want to disable the codes, they're there for a reason, etc. They are there for a reason, to tell you the solenoids failed and the trans isn't shifting. Most people don't need a little light in the dash to tell them the trans stopped shifting.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
It's sets a false dtc due to the rpm drop down being different than stock.
The codes need to be disabled, P0727 and P0751.
Typo I think, P0757 and 751 need to be deleted. P0757 is probably what you are getting. Showed up first time I drove my car after my converter install. And I agree some tuner's will say they are valid codes but if someone cant figure out if their car shifted then dont mod it..

Quick Reply: Trans isssue after bigger stall