Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is the MadMan Th350 dipstick supposed seal to the transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How is the MadMan Th350 dipstick supposed seal to the transmission?

I have a MadMan TH350 dipstick that I originally had on my LT1 f-body but will be using it now in my LS1 mustang coupe. The bottom of the tube has a lip on it, but it looks like you are not supposed to use an o-ring since the lip is tapered. When I put the tube into the transmission and bolt it up to the transmission it can still wobble a little if I try to move it. Seems like this wouldn't seal up well at all.

I can remember if there is some seal I don't have now or some type of retainer that keeps it in the transmission.

Any help would be great.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Dipstick tube grommet. In the Dorman/MotorMite Help section of most auto parts stores.
Regardless of what it says it fits applications well into the 2000's so if you ask for it they tell you they don't have it. You have to look on the shelf.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Curious, did you drive it like this?
You said you have this set up in that other thread and it works fine without a vss.
Kinda odd.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had the setup in an fbody, now it is going into my coupe. problem is that i sold the fbody a while ago and held onto the transmission for a future project. by the time i got around to the "future project" that seal is no longer to be found!

thanks for your advice btw! i didn't mean to criticize your previous post, i was just under the impression that if you are going to an "old school" transmission (ie not computer controlled) that the function of the vss was no longer necessary.

thanks again!

Quick Reply: How is the MadMan Th350 dipstick supposed seal to the transmission?