Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M6 to A4 can I keep my 98 PCM and tune ??? And use A4 harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M6 to A4 can I keep my 98 PCM and tune ??? And use A4 harness

I have a 98 and the car is tuned and a M6. Looking to do a A4 swap can I keep my computer and swap the harness and keep my tune?? Also I did a ton of searches what else will need to be done for the swap on a 98 ??
Old 09-28-2011, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because you have a pretty nice to Tune to begin with, I would recommend buying the Speertech adapter harness, copying your tune (unless Speed Inc can replicate it free) and then having your PCM transmission segment swapped to an A4 setup. That's how I've done it in the past. But, there is a danger in losing the tune so whichever way you go I highly recommend you get a known good copy of that tune!

Have you studied the stickies here? When you do, ya have to dig deep to get all the info. Some guys swap pedals, some don't. Some guys do torque arm relocations, some don't. Some will swap radiators and run a stock cooler, some want aftermarket... point is there are bunches of options to consider.

I've had guys bring me their cars from as far as 13 hrs from here to have me do their swaps. I've done my share of them. Feel free to give me a shout if you get in a bind along the way....

g
Old 09-30-2011, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gilbert@Ace Racing
Because you have a pretty nice to Tune to begin with, I would recommend buying the Speertech adapter harness, copying your tune (unless Speed Inc can replicate it free) and then having your PCM transmission segment swapped to an A4 setup. That's how I've done it in the past. But, there is a danger in losing the tune so whichever way you go I highly recommend you get a known good copy of that tune!

Have you studied the stickies here? When you do, ya have to dig deep to get all the info. Some guys swap pedals, some don't. Some guys do torque arm relocations, some don't. Some will swap radiators and run a stock cooler, some want aftermarket... point is there are bunches of options to consider.

I've had guys bring me their cars from as far as 13 hrs from here to have me do their swaps. I've done my share of them. Feel free to give me a shout if you get in a bind along the way....

g
I have Hp tuners so i saved the tune file. and speed inc has the tune file aswell.

funny part is i was going to do a trade with a guy that has your upgraded 4L65E. Can you walk me through the step's i need to do. i am doing this swap the right way. no halfassing and can use pointers and help. trying to get my car into the nine's with my new setup

Rob
Old 09-30-2011, 02:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's awesomeness! If you'll save my number in your phone I will walk you through the issues you have when you get into it.

And, if you get to the point you need that unit freshened up I have a cool plan for you as well. All you have to do is call me and I'll support that transmission as best I can from Dallas.

How long has that unit been in the other car... do you know?

g
Old 09-30-2011, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

This is the trans and guy

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...spd-setup.html
Old 09-30-2011, 04:00 PM
FormerVendor

someone is ready to grab some ET
Old 09-30-2011, 04:58 PM
10 Second Club