Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock dipstick length 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock dipstick length 4l60e

What is the length for a stock 4L60 (2001) dipstick? I did a ls1/4l60 in my 80vette and used a bowtie overdrive dipstick from a 200r4 but I know its to long, confirmed by bowtie overdrive. I don't have the original dipstick length... I am sure the shop kept it Anyways, I found one measurement from a website at 29 3/8" but I don't know if that is the dipstick or tube length.

Any help would be great!

Last edited by glarior; 10-17-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:33 PM
zgp
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glarior
What is the length for a stock 4L60 (2001) dipstick? I did a ls1/4l60 in my 80vette and used a bowtie overdrive dipstick from a 200r4 but I know its to long, confirmed by bowtie overdrive. I don't have the original dipstick length... I am sure the shop kept it Anyways, I found one measurement from a website at 29 3/8" but I don't know if that is the dipstick or tube length.

Any help would be great!
Dipstick length is not what you need to concentrate on, since the tube length also varies. The best way to determine the proper fill is to look at the cold and hot marks in relationship to the transmission pan. Typically full hot is set to were the transmission fluid is at the split line of the transmission pan and case.

Zero Gravity Performance
Old 10-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zgp
Dipstick length is not what you need to concentrate on, since the tube length also varies. The best way to determine the proper fill is to look at the cold and hot marks in relationship to the transmission pan. Typically full hot is set to were the transmission fluid is at the split line of the transmission pan and case.

Zero Gravity Performance
Suggestion how to determine that with the engine and trans installed in the car?

Quick Reply: stock dipstick length 4l60e