Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 4l60e swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 4l60e swap

I'm currently in the process of building this combo and swapping it into my Chevelle. O came across a good deal on a trans but have a couple questions.

I've got an LQ4 out of an 06 Chevy 2500, and the complete computer and wiring harness out of 05-07 Escalade. (He couldn't remember if it was one year newer or older, long story)

From what I understand the computer should be for a LQ9 backed by a 4L60e. Anyone know how true this is?

If that's the case, I know the computer wiring harness has a plug that goes to the transmission. Will it plug into the trans wiring harness? I knew some years had separate controllers and some ran off the ECU. Does anyone have a break in years for which ones which? Are all 4L60e trans the same?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2012, 07:48 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I do not know the details of what year/model had a separate TCU from the ECU. But if your computer and harness have a plug for the transmission, you should be good to go. You probably will need a tune to handle the slightly different engine, but it should at least start and cruise fine.

All 4L60E have the same connector. All years from 1996 thru 2008 are basically the same, although 2003+ have some improvements to handle more power.

I'm no expert, but I think you are good to go. (Unless an expert here corrects me.)
Old 04-07-2012, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrvedit
I do not know the details of what year/model had a separate TCU from the ECU. But if your computer and harness have a plug for the transmission, you should be good to go. You probably will need a tune to handle the slightly different engine, but it should at least start and cruise fine.

All 4L60E have the same connector. All years from 1996 thru 2008 are basically the same, although 2003+ have some improvements to handle more power.

I'm no expert, but I think you are good to go. (Unless an expert here corrects me.)
Thanks, I was hoping everything could be ironed out with a computer tune, but honestly don't know much about the newer stuff. Miss the days of just tuning a carb and distributor with only wrenches! Ha

Was hoping a few more people would chime in. ttt

Quick Reply: LQ4 4l60e swap