Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Savanna 4l60e Yoke leak Help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savanna 4l60e Yoke leak Help please

I have a 1999 2wd Savanna with the leak in the yoke problem that I have found listed on here several times. However my transmission does not seem to have the metal sleeve with the O-ring. when I look through with a flash light from where the yoke is supposed to be I see the splines get bigger but no sleeve. I checked with a chevy dealer and they list that sleeve and O-ring as "some models". Any Ideas what would be causing the weep hole to be losing a lot of fluid on level ground. If you need more information please post or email.

What would happen if I plug the weep hole and reinstall. My dealer wants to sell me a new yoke for 172.00 - claims that the hole is not supposed to be there, but it looks factory to me.

Kayoss Catastrophe Mayhem
Old 04-17-2012, 10:11 PM

it could or could not have the sleeve, if you can zip the 6 bolts off and pull the tail housing off. you'll need a 15mm socket, see if there truelly is a sleave because if there isn't you'll need to plug that weep hole (we usually take it to an old school radiator shop and have them solder it shut, welding never works out well). if there is a sleeve you'll need to replace the o ring inside that will casue them to weep whenever you move the truck. If it leaks just letting it sit you are probably over full on fluid level, but its more likely that it leaks when you drive it and dont notice it till you stop.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 PM

Thank you WP Transmission,

to pull the housing I have to drop the cross member, remove the mount and then I can get to the bolts. so I looked in and did not see any steel sleeve. I am planning on filling the hole with jb weld. It sounds like that is not going to be a problem by your post. If this is going to be a problem please let me know.

Thank you Kayoss.

Quick Reply: Savanna 4l60e Yoke leak Help please