Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e 2-3 shift problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e 2-3 shift problems

OK guys I am having a problem with the 2-3 shift. At WOT the car wants to free rev at 6500 or so and smacks the rev limiter which is set at 7k. 1-2 shift is perfect. Now it has me wondering because when running in overdrive and I go WOT at around 60 mph, it will downshift to 2nd and upshift to 3rd perfect. It will downshift from 4th to 3rd at WOT perfect as well. It doesnt make any sense to me. Could it be the 2-3 solenoid? It seems like it would be something electronic to me. At first I thought it was in the tune so we backed the shift point clear down to like 6200 and set the rev limiter to 7200 and it still does the exact same thing. Its not in the tune or at least I am stumped if it is. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 04-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Teching In

I'm experiencing the very same problem in my 98 LS1 Drag Camaro with that 4L60E trans, I think it my be my 3rd clutches worn.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Mine is a 98 as well but i cant see it being something mechanical like the clutches because it is intermitten. If it was doing it all the time upshifting i could see it.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

I'm having some of the same stuff I ran my car and when I changed the tune (hypertech) it would not shift third but the two runs before it ran a 13.23 and then no shifting in to third and then I put the tune back to the first runs and it shifted fine and ran a 13.44 the temp was up and humid and f*** and way after that it started dropping out of gear at cruise speed .......I have a post but it seems as though nobody will post any thoughts on whats going on
Old 04-22-2012, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Something else that i noticed that the check engine light came on and it was a code for the MAF. The car is speed density tuned so the MAF is gone. I am going to talk to my tuner tomorrow. He is very talented at what he does so maybe there is something he knows that I am not smart enough to figure out. If i find anything out I will post it.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

when you lowered the RPM shift points, did you also lower the MPH thresehold on the shift points?

Do you have power adders because shifting at 6500 RPMs is a little high for the stock cam. The power drops off before that.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Yes we also loweredthe mph. The car is built now. Afr 230 heads. Custom cam and fast 102.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello boss man, we use a 2-3 sonnax shift valve to correct that problem.

Please contact me for a professional consultation regarding your needs. We are happy to provide you with references both here in the United States and Internationally. Be sure to check out our website at maddogtransmissions.com

Hear what our customers and fans say on our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions

We also accept orders over the phone. Be sure to contact us and we will recommend the correct transmission for your application. For your convenience, we accept PayPal and all major credit and debit cards.

If you prefer, we can call you personally, just e-mail us your phone number.

All our transmissions are very strong and reliable, and can be used for everyday driving. Extended warranties are also available.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Web: www.maddogtransmissions.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions
Twitter: www.twitter.com/maddoglou
YouTube: www.youtube.com/maddogtransmissions

Quick Reply: 4l60e 2-3 shift problems