Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No over drive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No over drive?

I have had my yank 4k stall in my car for a year and 3.73 gears. They have about 3,000 miles on them. Well yesterday on a open road I took the car up to about 125 for the first time and noticed at that speed it just kept bouncing off the rev limiter and wouldnt do anything. I immediately slowed down because I didn't want to break anything but I'm wondering what's goin on. I barely ever ever go that fast but I figure if one day at the track I eventually trap faster then 120 my car will fall on its face.

Any ideas??
Old 05-21-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

That probably indicates that your 4th gear upshift speed in the WOT table is too high. Have your tuner reduce it by 5 or even 10 mph and you should be good to go. Since the trans will not upshift under WOT until BOTH the programmed rpm and speed are reached, it won't hurt to lower the mph by e.g. 10 mph just to be sure; it will then upshift when it hits the programmed rpm. Just make sure the programmed RPM is less than the fuel cutoff rpm.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you, I'll have it double checked when I get it Dyno tuned. It was the first time I went that fast with my new mods and it kind of scared Me a little, I thought I blew something up