Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E extra parts after rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E extra parts after rebuild

Just finishing up my first transmission rebuild and have a few parts left over from the rebuild kit. Is this common? Can anyone identify any of the remaining parts in this picture?

Two of the four small brown rings went on the cooling line connections. Several of the smaller black rings went on the transmission pressure switch assymbely. The white screen is similar to the oil pump cover screen which I already installed.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:31 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

The big seals were used older style pistons. Also the one smaller one.
The cut rings go on the servo; bit surprised you didn't use those.
I believe the tiny filter went on very early pump in the TCC circuit.
The 6 flanged rubber seals go on the pump bolts; good to replace them.
The green o-ring goes on the end of the input shaft as the final step before the converter. Don't forget it!
The brown one might go on the connector portion that snaps into the case.
(I have seen the brown and green ones reversed too.)
The smallest o-rings are replacements for the various solenoids.
I have no idea what that washer-like thing in the middle of your seals is.

I'm just an occasional "hobby builder", maybe I missed something.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the quick reply.
The biggest ring with the red stripe ended up being a second case extension to case seal, which the original build apparently didn't have.
The kit had 6+ cut rings. I already replaced three in the servo. I guess the rest are for a different year/make.
I already replaced the seals on the 6 pump bolts.
The kit did come with three new solenoids, so a few extra solenoid rings makes sense.
I think the washer thing in the middle is an oil plug gasket that got mixed in with the trans parts.
Thanks for the heads up on the green/brown Turbine Shaft / Selective Washer O-Ring Seal. I may have missed it if you didn't point it out.
I'm guessing the C-clips are for a different year/model with bigger cooler lines.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:11 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Yeah, I should have noticed the red stripe on the biggest o-ring which is for the tailshaft housing. It probably should be put on.
IIRC there are 6 cut rings in the servo; Sonnax makes a kit to replace three of them with o-rings.
I assume you have a yellow filter in the pump! Else it won't work.
Yes, the c-clips are for cooler lines. (I use AN fittings.)
The only one that eludes me is the big O-ring that is almost touching the green one in your picture.
Also, many kits include both the small o-ring for the 298mm input shaft and the larger one for the 300mm input shaft.

As mentioned in another thread this week, a small metal cup is often included; that too can be ignored. https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...-tci-plug.html
Old 02-21-2013, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The big o-ring (actual round o-ring) should be for the speed sensor..
Both the big square cut o rings are for the tail housing. (different size different years) The scarf cut seals on bottom left are servo but remember they used 3 different sizes from the factory and the kits come with all 3 variations. The big screen is reeeeeally important. If you didnt take the old one out you are ok but it has to have one in it or it bleeds off line pressure. It goes in the side of the pump..
Old 02-21-2013, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F0rrestw
Two of the four small brown rings went on the cooling line connections. Several of the smaller black rings went on the transmission pressure switch assymbely. The white screen is similar to the oil pump cover screen which I already installed.
Hey look writing below the picture that I totally missed... You have the screen thing covered disregard that part of previous post

Quick Reply: 4L60E extra parts after rebuild