LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Automatic Transmission (https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission-13/)
-   -   getting my VIG3200 in today!!!!! (https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/172534-getting-my-vig3200-today.html)

heyitsTaJay 05-17-2004 12:23 PM

getting my VIG3200 in today!!!!!

what should i expect, and should i take it easy on the car at first? any hints, tips etc would be great!

J :D

foff667 05-17-2004 12:36 PM

i was told to just lock & unlock the converter like 50 times before i beat on the car...after that hold on, theres no other mod like it ;)

heyitsTaJay 05-17-2004 12:55 PM

:rock: i am so excited!

CASPERLS1 05-17-2004 02:42 PM

sweeet

let me know what you think thats my next mod! :judge:

REDLV SS 05-18-2004 02:54 PM

Going to be a completly different car....took me a few days to get used to it, but its the best mod. Let us know how it is.

heyitsTaJay 05-18-2004 03:01 PM

K GUYS I JUST PIKD IT UP! DEFIANTELY DIFFERENT. gonna cruz and tell u what i think.

J

SpeedyZ 05-18-2004 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by heyitsTaJay
K GUYS I JUST PIKD IT UP! DEFIANTELY DIFFERENT. gonna cruz and tell u what i think.

J

Well how about an update, I want to put a converter in soon. Just cant swing the funds right now!

Thanks

heyitsTaJay 05-18-2004 07:45 PM

WOW! in one word WOW! for us A4 guys. get a converter ASAP. it will be a totally different car. it wakes the car up so much. at any speed i have power on demand. if you have a cat-bak or any exhaust work that shit is gonne be loud. i have loudmouth and it sounds great flyin down the road. car sounds so much more intimidating now. i saw a vette and tried to mess with him and gave him a lil taste of what i got and he ended bakn off :D
the car is fukin awesome. i really wish i did this the day i got the car. save the money, steal from a local charity, or do whatever you haveta do to get a converter and put that bitch in!!!!

J

foff667 05-18-2004 07:46 PM

WOW! in one word WOW! for us A4 guys. get a converter ASAP. it will be a totally different car. it wakes the car up so much. at any speed i have power on demand. if you have a cat-bak or any exhaust work that shit is gonne be loud. i have loudmouth and it sounds great flyin down the road. car sounds so much more intimidating now. i saw a vette and tried to mess with him and gave him a lil taste of what i got and he ended bakn off :D
the car is fukin awesome. i really wish i did this the day i got the car. save the money, steal from a local charity, or do whatever you haveta do to get a converter and put that bitch in!!!!

J

we told you :devil:

Racer99Bird 05-18-2004 09:49 PM

lol damn its time for a converter A S A P now for me :D

heyitsTaJay 05-18-2004 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Racer99Bird
lol damn its time for a converter A S A P now for me :D

dont mess around doin other mods till u get this one outta the way. and make sure u go big. mine is around 3700 and i love it. the absolute lowest i would go is 3500. anything under that and u wont see a big enough difference to keep u happy.
im happier than a sissy in the county jail!
:jest:

Racer99Bird 05-18-2004 10:42 PM

ok now where do i get the money for one?? hahah i think i will have enough for one in about 3 weeks :)

2002 Trans Am 05-19-2004 08:55 AM

I am bored of my converter already, its only been a month too :devil:

heyitsTaJay 05-19-2004 11:03 PM

i finally nailed it from a low roll. like 15mph. :eek2: thank god for nittos

Kenny D 05-19-2004 11:57 PM

[QUOTE=heyitsTaJay]what should i expect, and should i take it easy on the car at first? any hints, tips etc would be great!

You'll love it just got mine in a week ago and i went from a 2.0 sixty to a 1.69 on nittos. I love it. PERFECT SIZE

blkZ28spt 05-20-2004 12:39 AM

[QUOTE=ICONZ28]

what should i expect, and should i take it easy on the car at first? any hints, tips etc would be great!

You'll love it just got mine in a week ago and i went from a 2.0 sixty to a 1.69 on nittos. I love it. PERFECT SIZE

Wow tthat is a nice 60! What pressure (hot, if you know it) did you have them at? Nice long :burn: i assume, of course. Any other traction mods at the time? I can't wait to get my SSF3500 in about three weeks!!! :cheers:

Kenny D 05-20-2004 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
Wow tthat is a nice 60! What pressure (hot, if you know it) did you have them at? Nice long :burn: i assume, of course. Any other traction mods at the time? I can't wait to get my SSF3500 in about three weeks!!! :cheers:

18 psi didnt even change them. Got some Et Streets and heading out to the track tomorrow. Hoping to improve on that sixty. Also toke my front sway bar off. No other traction mods yet. Got a pulley and some skinnies (<--- cant spell) in the front. Hopeing for a 11.9